'Motoquero' stole my phone today :( Need a new one ASAP!

AlexfromLA said:
I guess this stuff happens in San Francisco too.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/crime/detail?entry_id=68288&tsp=1

Interesting read actually. I wonder if Android has a similar app.

hahahaha.....a 'Bicichorro'

Yes Android OS with AGPS incorporated is an assisted GPS software/hardware that will track you and your phone (if not with you it will track the phone as well, as in this case) of course it had to be switched on and the application running for that to occur, exactly as happened in this case...for the unlucky will be 'Bicichorro'.

haha,

Imagine that guy getting away with the phone and thinking he's in the clear and 10 minutes later the fuzz shows up .

OWNED !!!

-----------

I know google latitude pinpoints your location. I could probably log onto my google account on my laptop and actually see the perp getting away. Only problem is keeping that app running in the background would deplete my battery twice as fast.

Either way it's a nice option to have.

syngirl said:
Motoqueros = motorcyclists

Motochorros = thieves on motorcyclists

A couple of weeks ago on one of the media shows someone made the "freudian slip" of saying motochorros when they meant motoqueros --- a sad commentary about how pervasive this type of crime is becoming.

That would be Macri, who was travelling in his official car, stuck in traffic so he flagged down a motorcyclist who delivered him to his next appointment.
When interviewed later, he said he had flagged down a 'motochorro.'
But the best part of the story is that when he arrived at Retiro on the back of the bike he was promptly booked for not wearing a helmet! PMSL.

I started out in Buenos Aires working as a Bici-chorro, but found it way to dangerous (the drivers here are mad as cut snakes!). So now I teach English.

Diskosis said:
I started out in Buenos Aires working as a Bici-chorro, but found it way to dangerous (the drivers here are mad as cut snakes!). So now I teach English.
so what,s the difference:confused::confused::confused:

Back