Moved here from NYC!

An outing to Bi Won sound fantastic!

I'm not available for lunch on Monday, though, because I have work. My schedule is a little all over the place at the moment, so weekends work best for me. Perhaps lunch next Saturday?

girlathepub said:
I love eating and trying new cuisines, so if anyone has any good restaurant suggestions (especially for Asian and Middle Eastern places -- those are my faves!), I'd appreciate it if you send them my way! ;)

Cheers,
Kristine

The most popular Middle Eastern place is definitely Sarkis. The food is very good (if a little on the oily side), but you'll wait, like, an hour for a table. I really like Hanan (also in Palermo.) The menu is more limited, but the dishes are authentic, the waiters are adorable, and there's never a wait. And if you want to order delivery or take-out, La Alhambra makes awesome basics like hummus, falafel, kebbe, baklava.

The only Chinese (well, Taiwanese) place that I'd recommend is Siempre Verde. For Thai, I love Phuket in Palermo, and Neo-Thai gets rave reviews (I've never eaten there -- just waited for a table until we finally got so hungry we left and headed down the street to Siempre. But they do give you free champagne while you wait!) Still looking for decent Japanese food, or a sushi menu that offers rolls beyond salmon or canned tuna...

ah yes, a weekend lunch makes much more sense. Could Sunday, Nov 14th work instead (this coming Saturday is a bit iffy for me personally since I'll have friends in town, but not out of the question)? If not, let's plan something for Sat, Nov 13 at Bin Won, and we can then eat our way towards one of the other recommended options!

What about Sunday brunch this Sunday (November 14) somewhere? I am arriving on Friday and would really like to meet all of you! What is a good brunch spot? Maybe one of the hotels?

I've heard brunch is great, if slightly pricey, at Olsen, gorriti 5870 in Palermo viejo. Want to meet there at noon?

I have also heard good things about Olsen. I think this is a great idea - does someone want to call ahead and book a table? I heard it gets crowded for Brunch and a res is a good idea.

I will email the place and ask for a table for 6 - I think that's about what I counted on the thread. If it ends up being fewer people, we can call and adjust.

Back