My 10 Commandments (Er... Suggestions) Of Ba Living

Beware of the maid's boyfriend that shares your bed when you are gone!!

Thanks for that image...my maid's boyfriend was an overweight gout ridden bastard who got his step-daughter pregnant at 14...matress cleaning tomorrow si o si..

It all depends on the social level, seems to me, which usually has to do with education and mutual respect. I've known some women here who are in high places, and are well-respected and well-treated. Go down the ladder a few rungs (or away from a multinational, perhaps) and it's a sexual harasser's dream. And the women accept it for the most part, or they feel they can't do anything about it.

I mean, in how many cities where you (generic) come from can you see a sign "Pretty young woman wanted for employment" at a bakery...I had to look three times the first time I saw a sign like that to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. Heh.

Must tell that to my wife and her female boss who run an accounting division of a multinational here.
What happens when your wife calls somewhere like the internet provider's technical department? I am also a professional woman in BA, in my area of work I am never treated as anything less than the professional I am, but when I ring Speedy because there are problems with the internet connection I get treated like a 5 year old.

And for 10 years I kept telling the aircon techs that there was a leak somewhere in the work aircon system (can't be that in 3 years we burn out the same unit 3 times) and I was not even listened to. In fact, when I told one tech that the aircon in our server room wasn't blowing cold air at all, he said "well, of course you don't feel that it's cold, you're coming in from outside where it's 4 degrees to inside where it feels warmer." It wasn't until my male colleague sat down and went through the same list of problems that I had that they started looking for a leak (and found it!).

There are many more examples of this as well. It's just part and parcel of life in Argentina and I accept it as such. :p

Thou shalt under no circumstance suggest you don't actually like dulce the leche and think the stuff shouldn't on effing everythingggg.

Back