My stolen iPhone is being sold on mercadolibre!

I heard in Chile Ex-pats forums that the Argie Police will do anything if you pay them!
Why don't you make deal with the Cops and show up to meet the solicitor to purchase your stolen iphone? I'm pretty sure you have the iphone ID number that belongs to you?
If anything else fails, then you can purchase my iphone 3GS with 32 GB memory!
Sold for US$400 FOB

Don't spook the seller by asking for paperwork as steve suggests. But do call the cops, see if they will accompany you to meet the seller.

Buy the phone back, be more careful in the future.

Do not go alone to pick it up. Do not make any threats or even better send someone else to buy pick it up for you.

THEN you'll have your data and phone back and you can use that to report to the police. Will be a waste of time, specially if you haven't filed a complaint before.
They can always claim they found it or bought it in good faith. Their word against yours.

It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Iznogud said:
Buy the phone back, be more careful in the future.

Do not go alone to pick it up. Do not make any threats or even better send someone else to buy pick it up for you.

THEN you'll have your data and phone back and you can use that to report to the police. Will be a waste of time, specially if you haven't filed a complaint before.
They can always claim they found it or bought it in good faith. Their word against yours.

It sucks, but that's the way it is.

Honestly, I don't even care that much about the phone to buy it back, at least not $1600 pesos worth of care. This was my old iPhone (I have a newer one at home in the states), it's just the principal of the whole thing!

LC222 said:
Honestly, I don't even care that much about the phone to buy it back, at least not $1600 pesos worth of care. This was my old iPhone (I have a newer one at home in the states), it's just the principal of the whole thing!

You're in Argentina...:confused:

LC222 said:
Honestly, it's just the principal of the whole thing!

You might want to give up on the principle thing while you are here. Your story does not really surprise me at all. Honesty in this society is the exception not the rule.

yes its the principle! i would definitely, at least try to go to the police with his info! or like heather said, show up with the police! argggg those people make me so fricken angry!

Just have to learn to give up here, Its like trying to stop Argentinian drivers from beeping the horn for no reason even though they are the ones in the middle of the intersection cutting everybody off. It is what it is.

still you have to try! if you want ill come with you! i like detective missions!

Back