National quarantine tomorrow very likely

I only hope and pray that those of you who have prepared will reach out and help others who are less fortunate. I’ve already started to do this here - for example, paying a contractor who is supposed to do work for us this summer, paying in advance so he has cash now....buying supplies for our friends and family in BA who have been displaced from their jobs.....even buying gift cards for some of our favorite restaurants so they have a cash infusion. I know that not everyone has those kind of resources, but if we all pull together, we will elevate our humanity. So....make sure you and your immediate family get your sh*t together...but after that, help where you can.

Good for you, Stevie....

Along the same lines, my household help has been on paid furlough since Monday.

We have just participated in a coordinated balcony applause for the doctors. It began at 9pm. Are you sure it wasn't that?
It sounded more like utensil and pot banging here. I hope I am wrong!

I saw video of the applause on Twitter but what I heard was different.

I doubt they would do it deliberately. They will
Ideally do all to let people pass time at home with distractions
I just read in the Indie that rather than throttle the bandwidth in the UK Netflix are going to reduce the image resolution of their stream.

Yes exactly, the EU asked Netflix to reduce the resolution, nobody has talked about throttling anything. It’s an option here as well for streaming services.

This is the worst nightmare for me as I hate to feel trapped in one place . I am shocked how quickly this pandemic has changed our lives for the worse . It feels like one of those netflix movies but actually worse as there is really no escape for us now in any part of Argentina or even elsewhere . Even in the world wars there was never a nationwide quarantine and this is now a new reality for us all in Argentina .

One question that has not been answered what happens to those who live far from supermarkets will they be able to drive there ? Also will the bank machines be working and how will you control the lines there as its automatic and I would imagine a perfect breeding ground for germs .

The President just mentioned what I was saying the last days, art. 202 of the Criminal Code: 15 years of jail for the spread of the virus because you break the quarentine.

My cleaning lady doesn't seem to have a current account for transfering money. She gave me her DNI and told me I could use pagofacil or rapipago to send her money. Perhaps I could do this at my local Carrefour which should be open. Does anyone know if this can be done online as well?

This is the worst nightmare for me as I hate to feel trapped in one place . I am shocked how quickly this pandemic has changed our lives for the worse . It feels like one of those netflix movies but actually worse as there is really no escape for us now in any part of Argentina or even elsewhere . Even in the world wars there was never a nationwide quarantine and this is now a new reality for us all in Argentina .

One question that has not been answered what happens to those who live far from supermarkets will they be able to drive there ? Also will the bank machines be working and how will you control the lines there as its automatic and I would imagine a perfect breeding ground for germs .
All of that has been answered: atms will be replenished and you can go out even drive to get food. When you go get food get a few bottles of wine and happy quarantine!

Back