New American Breakfast Restaurant!

MizzMarr said:
Is this a serious question? REAL maple syrup can only come from trees!! :) I think they charge extra for it, but may otherwise serve some imitation syrup. Not sure, only been once so far but will be back! And I do think I remember seeing biscuits and gravy on the menu (but I've never been a fan so didn't order any).

El Hombre, I think grits are definitely an acquired taste, and I think a prerequisite to enjoying them is being from the American South.

Anyway, buen provecho!

YES it's serious. If you are a fan of real maple syrup you will KNOW that people use the term "maple syrup' very loosely. What they are often referring to is the imitation variety. Most people have never actually had REAL maple syrup. That's why I asked the question!

Well, I've obviously been and I thought it was tasty--I had the pancakes and bacon. Their breakfast plate portions are large (pancakes were 5 pancakes + bacon/ham/sausage + fruit salad)--enough for two people to share as long as you're not *really* hungry. I'm going to try the french toast next time I go. If the sweet breakfast food isn't enough to sate your sweet tooth, I saw some patrons across the table from me order an apple crumble ala mode to finish their meal, and it looked pretty fantastic. Also heard that they have very fudgy brownies, but I wasn't there for dessert at the time:)

sergio said:
YES it's serious. If you are a fan of real maple syrup you will KNOW that people use the term "maple syrup' very loosely. What they are often referring to is the imitation variety. Most people have never actually had REAL maple syrup. That's why I asked the question!

Well, I'm not one of the people who use the term "real" maple syrup loosely! I'm a purist. ;)

Liam3494 said:
That would be "Real American bacon" ? Not the proper stuff we get in Ireland :) - But the rest sounds good...

Has anyone eaten there yet?

I may be a Yanqui, but I have to agree with Liam. The bacon they serve up in Ireland is the best in the universe.

mobri1130 said:
I may be a Yanqui, but I have to agree with Liam. The bacon they serve up in Ireland is the best in the universe.

canadian bacon beats your Irish bacon by a squeal.

oh and our maple syrup is not bad either.

Canick said:
canadian bacon beats your Irish bacon by a squeal.

oh and our maple syrup is not bad either.

Canick, a dual..you infidel. Im a girl so let`s agree to handbags at dawn. Irish bacon is THE bacon.:p

fifs2 said:
Canick, a dual..you infidel. Im a girl so let`s agree to handbags at dawn. Irish bacon is THE bacon.:p

well, i'm a boy, so the best i can do is to try and defend myself and my honour with my canadian pig skin wallet...

but wait, it seems we may have a draw:
this from Wikipedia

Like other bacon, back bacon is brined, cured, boiled, or smoked. It is much leaner than streaky bacon, and is sometimes sold in the US as Irish bacon or Canadian bacon, owing to the popularity of back bacon in those countries.

and i swear i didnt make that up...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_bacon
xo
nick
mmm bacon....

You guys crack me up with the bacon and syrup stuff!!!

To the people who have experienced this "pancake-sausage-bacon" greatness:

Is breakfast only served on weekends?

Please inform me, I'd like to go during the week when it's nice and quiet!

If anyone wants to join........ Thursday or Friday will do for me!!!!

i went today and i loved it...i had the belgian waffles and my friend had an omelette with hashbrowns...the location is beautiful...i wish them luck

Back