New DNIs available for foreigners yet?

mcaffa said:
No, they are two different things.

ok, then i'm confused. what is the DNI card? (I've only heard of the booklet)

ben said:
ok, then i'm confused. what is the DNI card? (I've only heard of the booklet)

The DNI card is just a wallet-friendly version of the DNI. Instead of carrying around the booklet for credit card purchases, etc., you simply need to show the card.

The only thing you cannot do with the DNI card is vote.

Reactions: ben
guevarita, you're right...the new dni are only for nationals...i'm in the process of obtaining my dual argentine nationality, i'll receive a blue booklet with a lower number of id (foreigners with residency receive a burgundy booklet with a 92 million number)...however, he can go to the registro civil headquarters on uruguay 753 & get more info...the people there have been really nice & helpful...good luck!! :)

caro79 said:
the new dni are only for nationals....

Not true. I have the new DNI card and I'm not an Argentine citizen, just a permanent resident.

my MERCOSUR friend (a permanent resident, not a citizen) has the new DNI card. i want one, that 3/4 profile view is hot

mcaffa said:
Not true. I have the new DNI card and I'm not an Argentine citizen, just a permanent resident.

right, sorry, what i meant was getting the new dni card in the handy kiosks in malls, etc. doesn't apply to foreigners.

Back