New Dollar Restrictions

sergio said:
I would like to know. If reserves are perilously low the government will keep it secret. The situation has to be grave to impose such draconian measures. It is not exaggeration to say that its more and more like Cuba.

Wouldnt be better to ask that then other then making a statement when you have no knowledge about the situation?

I for one are very surprised there is (almost) never a analyze of the short-term future of the Argentine economy, the reasons for the dollar restrictions and there impact.

Even in the international papers it's a no-go, dont know the reason behind it but from what I understand this also happend in 2001

sergio said:
I would like to know. If reserves are perilously low the government will keep it secret. The situation has to be grave to impose such draconian measures. It is not exaggeration to say that its more and more like Cuba.

Hope it doesn`t get to be like Venezuela, where the margin for the black market dollar rate is 100 % :D:D

I said it makes one wonder about reserves. I dont know what the truth is.

sergio said:
I said it makes one wonder about reserves. I dont know what the truth is.

You don't have to be a miracle wonder to understand that if Argentina pays back bonds in Dollars without having the posibility of re-finance this debt this money needs to come from the reserves in dollars, so that will go down

And if 75% of those debt will be gone abroad and 25% will be paid in dollars in Argentina that those dollars most likely won't be reinvested in Argentina. Other then maybe the odd person who uses the blue rate to pay for his expenses or someone who buys an appartment or car

If you fly to Uruguay you will only be able to buy Uruguayos, to Paraguay only Guarani's, this is getting more funny every foking day :)

sergio said:

C'mon why you would say something like this. Information on international reserves, monetary base and other monetary aggregates are published on a weekly basis. They are not secret at ALL and they are extremely accurate.

Please go to http://www.bcra.gov.ar/index.asp, then to "Politica Monetaria" then "Informes".

Similar to Cuba? Any other cliche please??

expatinowncountry said:
C'mon why you would say something like this. Information on international reserves, monetary base and other monetary aggregates are published on a weekly basis. They are not secret at ALL and they are extremely accurate.

Please go to http://www.bcra.gov.ar/index.asp, then to "Politica Monetaria" then "Informes".

As accurate as the inflation figures?

expatinowncountry said:
Similar to Cuba? Any other cliche please??

Its true.

In Cuba the citizens need to ask permission to leave the country, in Argentina they only need to beg for their pocket money !

scotttswan said:
As accurate as the inflation figures?

No, accurate as in A C C U R A T E.

It is hard to cheat with this statistics as the reserves are held in financial instruments and not in a little box.

Can you prove that the BCRA is cheating or have you ever heard any international organization or anyone (including Clarin) disputing the BCRA reports on monetary aggregates?

Back