New Dollar Restrictions

solerboy said:
Its true.

In Cuba the citizens need to ask permission to leave the country, in Argentina they only need to beg for their pocket money !

1) Phrase took out of context.
2) Wrong: the US dollar do not belong to the people, so they are not begging for their pocket money. So far, if you have US dollars in the bank, you can get those dollars back. If you do not have them, the government does not authorize you to buy them.

Hey guys, since we're talking about the dollar again. I got some dollars to sell and need a cuevero that gives a rate close to the blue (today at 6,23). I called just 1 I know and they said they paid 5,90.
PM me please if you know a good one!

expatinowncountry said:
2) Wrong: the US dollar do not belong to the people, so they are not begging for their pocket money. So far, if you have US dollars in the bank, you can get those dollars back. If you do not have them, the government does not authorize you to buy them.

However you need to tell when your flying, how your flying, with whom your flying and why your flying.

If that is not a massive intrusion into ones privacy I don't know what is

El chabon said:
However you need to tell when your flying, how your flying, with whom your flying and why your flying.

If that is not a massive intrusion into ones privacy I don't know what is

Agree 200%. This government sucks big time. However, exchange rate controls is not unique to Argentina these days and a lot of the developed countries applied it in the past. For instance, when the UK applied them (they were abolished in 1979 if I am not mistaken) probably no one compared the country to Cuba.

expatinowncountry said:

The US dollar does not belong to the Government either.

The comparison with Cuba is made by people who consider that the civil liberties of the individual are being eroded in Argentina, that rights taken for granted in more advanced countries are denied to the citizens here.

It is impossible to travel to another country without access to foreign currency, so denying citizens the right to currency is the same as denying them the right to travel.

The citizens here are now not much more than slaves paid in luncheon vouchers.

The goverment also decide how long you can travel, if they pay you 1000 dollares for 3 weeks in the USA you will most likely have to cut short your holiday to 1 week, but then they probally demand half of the 1000 dollars back

solerboy said:
The US dollar does not belong to the Government either.

The comparison with Cuba is made by people who consider that the civil liberties of the individual are being eroded in Argentina, that rights taken for granted in more advanced countries are denied to the citizens here.

It is impossible to travel to another country without access to foreign currency, so denying citizens the right to currency is the same as denying them the right to travel.

The citizens here are now not much more than slaves paid in luncheon vouchers.

The government of a country has the right (whatever this is right or not) to decide what currency of a legal tenure and circulation in a country.

As I mentioned before, I do not agree with this restrictions (even if they work in my favor as I am paid in foreign currency), but this is something that has been applied by many OECD countries in the past and no one at that time thought of those countries as Cuba. So I think the comparison is unfair and a big cliche.

expatinowncountry said:
The government of a country has the right (whatever this is right or not) to decide what currency of a legal tenure and circulation in a country.

When were todays new restrictions passed by Congresso ?

Back