New Dollar Restrictions

Calle Florida :)

Anybody who think the impact of those dollar controls should just read the first letter to the editor in todays la nacion

So sad.

Gringoboy said:
Can't you all see that these austere measures are being taken for our and the country's own well being?
Surely I would be crazy to think otherwise.

I hope you are joking! Cause I have stopped eating, can't pay my rent, and must some how find a way to pay my health insurance cause I am sick. I paid all of my taxes in the country where i worked and my money is there, if i can't get it here I die. Surely one down for the better of the whole is probably just colateral damage.

solerboy said:
Its true.

In Cuba the citizens need to ask permission to leave the country, in Argentina they only need to beg for their pocket money !

Not true, cubans do not need to ask permission to leave cuba, they need to prove they have a visa to enter another country. dated a cuban for many years who left cuba at age 21. they are free to go, no one gives them visas

Of course not, and the Indec is still the most respected institution for statistics in Latin America

vr236 said:
Not true, cubans do not need to ask permission to leave cuba, they need to prove they have a visa to enter another country. dated a cuban for many years who left cuba at age 21. they are free to go, no one gives them visas
Well without been Cuban myself it does seem that they do need a "Exit Permit" to leave
http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/docid/469cd6cdc.html

but my understanding from what I have read is that they are generally granted unless you are considered of value to the state, and they fear that you will not return, so a 21 year old without a advanced degree would most likely be granted a exit permit where as a 30 year old doctor may not.

Clarin reports today that a Congresswoman from Misiones province has introduced a bill forbidding to advertise in any media for goods or services in Dollars, subject to fines ranging from 50,000 to 250,000 pesos or suspension for one month of all government ads...!!

Rich One said:
introduced a bill forbidding to advertise in any media for goods or services in Dollars

There was a similar legislation in Russia back in the nineties. When currency control measures kicked in, people and companies just started to quote prices in "conditional units". One Conditional Unit is generally believed to be an equivalent of one dollar, but it is not really a dollar, and not a foreign currency at all. So everybody formally complied with the law, but nothing has really changed.

Back