New Immigration Decree, Long Life To King Macri!

Wrong:
e) Se hayan desnaturalizado las razones que motivaron la concesión de una residencia permanente, temporaria o transitoria, o cuando la instalación en el país hubiera sido subvencionada total o parcialmente, directa o indirectamente, por el Estado Argentino y no se cumplieran o se violaren las condiciones expresamente establecidas para la subvención;

Ok. i did not see this part anywhere as published on the decree in Lanacion, infobae etc

So what does it mean exactly for the permanent citizens who did get divorced - say way back...// or stopped being a rentista way back.

Is it a coincidence that the decree is arriving at the same time as various decrees in ee.uu?

What's all this eeeh eeeh oooh oooh stuff anyway? Why can't you just write USA or US or even just plain old America for crying out loud?
This is an English speaking place where we generally write in English.
It's annoying, so please cut it out.

What's all this eeeh eeeh oooh oooh stuff anyway? Why can't you just write USA or US or even just plain old America for crying out loud?
This is an English speaking place where we generally write in English.
It's annoying, so please cut it out.

Lol! Are you serious?

Having a rough day?

Ok. i did not see this part anywhere as published on the decree in Lanacion, infobae etc

So what does it mean exactly for the permanent citizens who did get divorced - say way back...// or stopped being a rentista way back.

Well, I read the Boletin Oficial de la República Argentina, where laws, decrees and DNUs are officially published.

Deportation of course. You criminal got divorced!!!!

Perhaps Gringoboy got divorced too.

I think the changes that are now in effect are good news, however it is interesting to show the actual facts:

Only 21% of criminals in prison are foreign, most arrested for drug dealing or acting as mules trafficking drugs across the borders. The number of criminals in federal prisons is small compared to the total number of immigrants in the country
( 4.5% - close to 1.80
0.000 )

So even though I think it will help to some extent, the reality is that the spike in crime has nothing to do with illegal immigrants. My guess is that the current administration is not being successful in lowering crime, so this decree is good propaganda in the meantime.

Nikad,

There are 64.000 persons in jail in this country. 3,41% are foreigners.
http://www.lanacion....esos-en-el-pais

The foreigners are at Federal facilities. The number of prisoners at them was 10.521 by April 2016 but not all of them are there for crimes related to drugs neither they are all foreigners.

18% of those 10.521 are foreigners, it means about 2000:
http://www.spf.gob.a...apa-Indicadores

From those about 1000 are in jail for drugs and almost 500 for robbery.

From those 1000 only about 333 are going to be sentenced (according with the Penitentiary Federal Service).

So, as you see, the DNU doesn't look to deport this 333 convicted criminals because they are going to be deported before the full fit the sentence, at half of it most of them.

In practize, it works for deporting the 766 who are going to be found innocent. Nice.

http://www.spf.gob.a...ion-por-delitos

If there are 1.8 million foreigners here, 2000 means 0,1% of them and 0,05% of the population of this country.

So, reality is that the DNU looks for deportation of honest foreigners no matter if they were under criminal investigation or not.

You got divorce and you get deported.

Nikad,

The foreigners are at Federal facilities. The number of prisoners at them was 10.521 by April 2016 but not all of them are there for crimes related to drugs neither they are all foreigners.

18% of those 10.521 are foreigners, it means about 2000:
http://www.spf.gob.a...apa-Indicadores

From those about 1000 are in jail regarding crimes related to drugs and almost 500 for robbery.

From those 1000 only about 333 are going to be sentenced (according with the Penitentiary Federal Service).

So, as you see, the DNU, in theory, looks to deport 333 persons who were going to be deported anyway.

In practize, it works for deporting the 766 who are going to be found innocent. Nice.

http://www.spf.gob.a...ion-por-delitos

If there are 1.8 million foreigners here, 2000 means nothing.

So, reality is that the DNU looks for deportation of honest foreigners no matter if they were under criminal investigation or not.

It is what I said Bajo. The numebers are insignificant, and this is used for propaganda. The real problem ( crime ) is not being addressed. You see, I am hard to please, I did not like the K administrations, but I am not a fan of Macri either ;)

It is what I said Bajo. The numebers are insignificant, and this is used for propaganda. The real problem ( crime ) is not being addressed. You see, I am hard to please, I did not like the K administrations, but I am not a fan of Macri either ;)

Just out of curiosity B_c 2, can the next govt ( if different from this one) reverse these decrees or abolish these laws? or these new decrees remain for lifetime irrespective of who comes in power in the future ?

Bajo had a client who was deported some weeks back despite a court order (more than one?) to protect his client from deportation. It's earlier in this thread. I was not clear whether there was a citizenship before the court for this particular client. Court is just coming back into session shortly. It shall be interesting.

Back