New Immigration Decree, Long Life To King Macri!

And who revoked these 500 people's citizenship? The Court? The government? Can the government even do so? Or if it was the Court, did the Court grant 500 revocation motions at once?

Very pertitent question.

So what is your point?

You were responding to (a response by ceviche to) my hypothetical question of someone who committed no fraud, but ended up getting swept up in a larger scam by a Court employee.

My point is that this is ridiculous. Someone at Court committing crimes to help you? I do not think so, they commit crimes because of a) bribes (they help you for money) and b ) racism (they boycott your case).

500 revoked in one fell swoop does not sound like a high bar.

Well, I was asserting for several months that this administration wants to do an ethnic cleaning. Seems I was right. Now they control the Court that dismiss judges, so, some public officers feels brave because they know they have impunity.

Maybe I'm missing some facts, but by the sound of it, it seems a bit cavalier.

Well....
Besides the easy joke about you not understanding of missing something, we do not have the facts neither the precedents yet and when I have them, I m not going to share them.

And who revoked these 500 people's citizenship? The Court? The government? Can the government even do so? Or if it was the Court, did the Court grant 500 revocation motions at once?

This is a very good question (finally).

In any event, as I said before: If someone did not commit fraud (or was not proven to do so), and gets their citizenship revoked, because of (other) fraudulent activity of a Court official, this does not exactly inspire confidence in the Argentine legal system.

Nazis get obsessed about citizenship. So, racism is the reason citizenship can be revoked when we are living a dictatorship like nowadays. This administration is not respecting any law neither the NC.

you should hire some smart apprentices whom you can train to take your legacy forward!

No thank you. Writing a good book about citizenship is a legacy because there is none. But only before to retire. Now it is too dynamic, it makes no sense to write anything.

So far from 'wrong', it seems that you agree with just about everything I wrote.

You appear to agree that 500 revocations sound ridiculous, in fact you imply that this can only take place in a culture of impunity.
You agree that the facts of the case are unclear. Aside from the clear temptation to write, 'wrong, as usual', what exactly was I wrong about?

Except the first quote about ridiculous, which you seem not to have understood. Surely a court clerk signed some things properly, aside from what she did improperly. If all of her signatures become suspect, surely there will be collateral damage.

Moreover, as Clarin reports, all the applicants now in limbo were considered by the juzgado in Cordoba to have acted in good faith. So again, we return to what I'd said: unless either these revocations are reversed or unless some other shoe drops, this episode does not inspire confidence in the Argentine legal system.

Bajo, if we are now living in a dictatorship; would you like to see the return of Christina Kirchner? Were things fairer when she was in office?

Bajo, if we are now living in a dictatorship; would you like to see the return of Christina Kirchner? Were things fairer when she was in office?

Yes.

i would prefer Randazzo or Moureau.
However, everything was better with the former government.

Back