New Immigration Decree, Long Life To King Macri!

The CELS is the most important human rights NGO and they made a class action to nullify the [anti] immigration decree.
Somewhere in this thread you have an article in English about it.

This is CELS:
https://www.cels.org.ar/web/

3) I lost (but I won) the appeal of my client who was deported so, he is going to be back when the citizenship will be granted without the police reports that requires the finger prints because they couldn't be taken by bad will of the judge who deal with it during vacation.

Did this guy actually receive citizenship or are you still fighting?

Tell you what... leave out the patronising, snarky comments and I'll try to comment solely on the content of the posts.

Actually I was going to say that I think you have a simplified view of Theresa May's Remain/Brexit stance. When she was Home Secretary it was she that implemented a pre Brexit type policy by making it very difficult for people like me born and bred in UK to bring my Argentine wife and my kid into my country....Her remain stance was a tactical one as she had her eyes on the leadership and what was seen before the referendum as the most likely outcome. When she realised that the majority wanted to Brexit (even if Brexiters were sold on a pack of lies) she's been very unremainery. Nothing to do with nobely respecting the vote and democracy. Just words thats all.
what difficulty did you have obtaining residency for your wife if she was in status ?

On the subject of immigration to UK, if anyone thinks the Argentine process is bureaucratic, and challenging, try entering the UK as a British national with an Argentine wife. Expensive and slow, the UK Home Office required interviews, and requested photographic proof of our wedding, with emails between us before we got married to convince them our relationship was genuine. The current UK Prime Minister, Teresa May, formerly the Home Secretary, was in in charge of immigration, when these extra controls were enforced. Although it was a challenge to obtain UK indefinite leave to remain for my wife, Jamaicans who were living in the UK for decades legally were subject to deportation, as they could not provide proof of their legal status. The UK government had lost their records. It it most ironic that Teresa May is now advocating more open immigration to the UK for non EU citizens post Brexit. I would like to think that is it a change of heart, but my cynical self is it political expediency.

As for my Argentina immigration process experience, fairly straightforward getting a DNI and permanent residency, no personal questions or interviews for me. Now happily settled ( with my Argentine wife ) in Tandil, Argentina. The UK and its Brexit nonsense seems so far away. I am even thinking about getting Argentine citizenship, to be able to vote in the general election next year.

Yea, But whats the Problem with a few emails and a wedding photo? that would take 5 mins to put together, ? Was there anything else apart from that ?

On the subject of immigration to UK, if anyone thinks the Argentine process is bureaucratic, and challenging, try entering the UK as a British national with an Argentine wife. Expensive and slow, the UK Home Office required interviews, and requested photographic proof of our wedding, with emails between us before we got married to convince them our relationship was genuine. The current UK Prime Minister, Teresa May, formerly the Home Secretary, was in in charge of immigration, when these extra controls were enforced. Although it was a challenge to obtain UK indefinite leave to remain for my wife, Jamaicans who were living in the UK for decades legally were subject to deportation, as they could not provide proof of their legal status. The UK government had lost their records. It it most ironic that Teresa May is now advocating more open immigration to the UK for non EU citizens post Brexit. I would like to think that is it a change of heart, but my cynical self is it political expediency.

As for my Argentina immigration process experience, fairly straightforward getting a DNI and permanent residency, no personal questions or interviews for me. Now happily settled ( with my Argentine wife ) in Tandil, Argentina. The UK and its Brexit nonsense seems so far away. I am even thinking about getting Argentine citizenship, to be able to vote in the general election next year.

The UK is a monarchy that has the most restrictive rules about allegiance to the State, Argentina is a democratic republic which Preamble stablishes that the benefits of freedom are for us, our children and all the men of the world who desires to inhabitat the AR land.

The UK is a monarchy that has the most restrictive rules about allegiance to the State, Argentina is a democratic republic which Preamble stablishes that the benefits of freedom are for us, our children and all the men of the world who desires to inhabitat the AR land.

The UK is a monarchy, it is true. Hence, obviously more restrictive rules than republics such as in the USSR.

Ah, Argentina is a democratic republic you say?
Yes, this democracy thing is an interesting concept - maybe ought to teach the UK a thing or two about that.

Specifically as regards allegiance to the State, UK law provides for dual nationality since 1948.
Argentine law a little more complicated in that regard - someone around here (can't recall who) was arguing recently that simply presenting a foreign passport in Ezeiza can make one lose their (naturalized) citizenship.

But, Argentina still is richer than Germany.

:oops: Sure, the UK has only been one of the most open countries in the last century. Have you ever been to London? Heck, my home town of 2,000 people had more diversity than I have ever seen in Buenos Aires with its millions. I agree that its easy to waltz through the borders here compared to the UK, but here's the thing.

Argentina is open to "us, our children and all the men of the world" but most of us, our children and all the men of the world don't want to live in Argentina. They do, however, want to live in the UK or a similar country which may explain stricter (rightly or wrongly) immigration laws.

Back