New Immigration Decree, Long Life To King Macri!

Just out of curiosity B_c 2, can the next govt ( if different from this one) reverse these decrees or abolish these laws? or these new decrees remain for lifetime irrespective of who comes in power in the future ?

Well, of course it can be derogated in future but, perhaps, in a very close future.

The DNU has to be approved by an special Commission of the Congress that, first, has to decide if there was for real an emergency that forced the President to enact it instead of sending a project to the Congress.

Even if the Congress approves it, it has to survive the judges who are not going to be very happy with it because I was working hard the last year remembering them what happened with judges during Peronism. This is why I got 2 appeals before SC granted the last day of 2016.

The Royal decree is so rude. It states several times "the judges cannot decide on this, only the DNM", it means, ME!!!!!!!!!!!.

So, it is obvious that Macri the 1st used the Legislative, executive and pretends to use the judicial power for himself. He only forget to state an article of the decree that clarifies that "the State is me".

I was working on the decree since I came back from hospital today and I have this solved, now it is only a matter of starting the fight from several different angles at about 40 Federal Courts at the same time all around the country...and good luck for his majesty:

Bajo had a client who was deported some weeks back despite a court order (more than one?) to protect his client from deportation. It's earlier in this thread. I was not clear whether there was a citizenship before the court for this particular client. Court is just coming back into session shortly. It shall be interesting.

My client was applying for citizenship, the habeas corpus judge orden immigration to do not deport him until the appeals were decided and the judge of the deportation order granted the appeal that, according to the law, freeze the deportation. However, he was deported and the Director of the Deportation department is going to be under criminal investigation for that.

However, I m at SC with the habeas corpus and I have another 8 days to appeal before SC for the illegal deportation. This is not the first time I achieve to bring a client back without the consent of the DNM. If you read the DNU, it states that judges cannot do it [again]. Good luck with this.

I never expected his excellency could be so clumsy.

I work with a lot of doctors and we got onto a discussion about immigration. I asked them to tell me roughly what % of patients were non-argentine residents (likely illegal in most cases) - their answer 3 out of 4... Argentine law states of course that they are required to provide health care at no cost to these people. My follow up question is how much money must get spent on these cases - it's no wonder there is such a lack of infrastructure and investment. Corruption plays a big part but the fact is the system is not built to support the current outgoings many of which are from illegals who sponge of the system at the expense of Argentine tax payers. This simply doesn't work on a large scale. Shouldn't more effort be put into policing the border - it's not as if these are refugees from war torn lands... It's simply a case of looking across the border and seeing a system that will happily look after them while someone else pays - who can blame them? Add on to the fact that a lot turn to crime and drug dealing and you have a recipe for success. Cristina had no issue with open border policy because she gained support from these people for providing them all free lunch at the expense of those working. It's time Argentine started looking after their own people (including the poor) before trying to subsidise it's neighbours. I also think corruption should be punished much harsher to act as a deterrent because it is one of the absolute worst things for the development of a country. Go visit Nigeria if you want to see what the future can hold if it is left to run unnoticed.

You can have open borders or a welfare state. You can't have both.

I for one, will always advocate for open borders.

I work with a lot of doctors and we got onto a discussion about immigration. I asked them to tell me roughly what % of patients were non-argentine residents (likely illegal in most cases) - their answer 3 out of 4... Argentine law states of course that they are required to provide health care at no cost to these people. My follow up question is how much money must get spent on these cases - it's no wonder there is such a lack of infrastructure and investment. Corruption plays a big part but the fact is the system is not built to support the current outgoings many of which are from illegals who sponge of the system at the expense of Argentine tax payers. This simply doesn't work on a large scale. Shouldn't more effort be put into policing the border - it's not as if these are refugees from war torn lands... It's simply a case of looking across the border and seeing a system that will happily look after them while someone else pays - who can blame them? Add on to the fact that a lot turn to crime and drug dealing and you have a recipe for success. Cristina had no issue with open border policy because she gained support from these people for providing them all free lunch at the expense of those working. It's time Argentine started looking after their own people (including the poor) before trying to subsidise it's neighbours. I also think corruption should be punished much harsher to act as a deterrent because it is one of the absolute worst things for the development of a country. Go visit Nigeria if you want to see what the future can hold if it is left to run unnoticed.

Everybody knows that they even organize tours in neighboring countries to come use free hospitals, etc. I don't think it is right, but that does not make them criminals. This decree has nothing to do with it. As I said before, it is just smoke.

Those foreigners work here and pay sells tax every day, tax on tobacco and tax on gas among many others and contribute to the common wealth with their honest work because immigrants works a lot more than locals.

They cannot pay social security tax but this is not their fault, it is the immigration law that it is unconstitutional.

The benefits for freedom are for all the men who desires to live here and the art. 14 of the National Constitution use the word inhabitants.

There are no illegals in this country.

You do not provide free health care for immigrants in the US, neither for citizens. I do not understand how to copy that [lack] of system can be better.

A poor argument is one which characterises the current political situation in Argentina with lazy terms such as fascist, absolute monarch or prinzip - or indeed, compares a democratically-elected government making decisions to the policies of Nazi Germany or apartheid-era South Africa. This does not help political argument and furthermore, demeans the suffering of those who died or were affected by such regimes. I wish people would stop doing this.

Back