New Koreatown: Markets & Restaurants (suggestions + pics)

Ok so I just generally read every post on this thread. Mmmm it sounds like it isn't worth the danger. But if I am over that way I shall check it out.

We do not like Korean food here in Argentina . They use bad meat and cat meat is common . Also no argentinian woman will sleep with a man who eats Korean Food . Garlic and kimchee smells yuk.....

cabrera said:
We do not like Korean food here in Argentina . They use bad meat and cat meat is common . Also no argentinian woman will sleep with a man who eats Korean Food . Garlic and kimchee smells yuk.....
Speak for yourself dude! I am Argentine and love Korean food!

cabrera said:

Cabrera, you are such an old lady living off old wives tales...let go of the negative and try living for a change...this world is full of so much to learn, discover and enjoy and yet you seem to love in a tiny box, scared to put a foot outside...Korean food is fabulous, as are Korean people who are like Irish once removed...let your boundaries down and go try with no prejudices...if you still dont like it fine but dont write b**shit such as "no argentinian woman will sleep with a man who eats Korean Food" . :)

I'm looking forward to visiting this area, despite the usual safety warnings (seems they are precursory for just about every area description of BA, which is troubling/annoying).

Could some of you transit experienced people describe how you would get there via subte? Bus? I assume one would take the A line to Carabobo and walk (or take a taxi) from there, but could you please confirm? I am coming from the Almagro area, and there's no way I'm going to take a taxi all of the way there.

I have visited them, I actually lived 25 blocks from K town at some point, I have had friends assaulted and robbed more than once in the area, what else do you want to know?

I actually lived 25 blocks from Recoleta at some point, I have had friends assaulted and robbed more than once in the area, what else do you want to know?

Can't tell if serious or just talking racist crap.

Subte A sounds d . I prefer buses though . Check omnilineas.com.ar what bus leaves you closest.

A word of advice re security. If you are fairly new to BA and not only new to the forum go during the day . Koreatown does have a reputation and some of it deserved and almost none of it to do with the Korean residents.
I go almost everywhere but when people tell me it is unsafe I take precautions in the sense that I know my routes by heart so I do not need to look like a foreigner ,so I can walk at a good clip signalling to get out of my way etc.
Any barrio is unsafe where you make yourself look like a target.

Shhhh careful with what you say about safety, they almost crucify me on this thread for that. And now if you read above there is somebody bringing it up once again.

Subte A sounds d . I prefer buses though . Check omnilineas.com.ar what bus leaves you closest.

A word of advice re security. If you are fairly new to BA and not only new to the forum go during the day . Koreatown does have a reputation and some of it deserved and almost none of it to do with the Korean residents.
I go almost everywhere but when people tell me it is unsafe I take precautions in the sense that I know my routes by heart so I do not need to look like a foreigner ,so I can walk at a good clip signalling to get out of my way etc.
Any barrio is unsafe where you make yourself look like a target.

Back