New Years Eve In Argentina

Some places open on NYE after 2 am but ,,,, employees from bars and clubs have a hard time to get to their work place ,,,!! little or no public transport available and remis/taxis are impossible...! drivers drink at home then can't drive.... ! Had to stay overnight at friends couch ...!

If you can find a place to crash this late in the game and can't make it out of the country to celebrate, there are great parties and fireworks on the beaches between Pinamar and Carilo, as well as in Villa Gesell. It's not NYC, but it's way better than the fireworks raining down on your head in Buenos Aires. Plusmar is the best bus company direct from Retiro. Happy (almost) 2015!

Reactions: Joe
Rich One's point is soo true
transport is a nightmare no remises or taxis so going someplace within walking distance is a key point!

from what I remember...between 9.30 pm to 3.30 am is a problem.. One could use the Subte to reach anywhere before 10 pm. I remember we were struggling to get taxis upto 3.30 am on jan 1st, 2014

If you can find a place to crash this late in the game and can't make it out of the country to celebrate, there are great parties and fireworks on the beaches between Pinamar and Carilo, as well as in Villa Gesell. It's not NYC, but it's way better than the fireworks raining down on your head in Buenos Aires. Plusmar is the best bus company direct from Retiro. Happy (almost) 2015!
Yeah, no fireworks raining down on the coast, just some crazy lightning showers to kill young beachgoers!

When I find myself in Capital for NYE, the street party on Gorriti, between Bonpland and Carranza in Palermo is always a great time. 11pm until 7am.

Back