Newbie looking for advice

BA in June is the beginning of winter. It can get pretty cold. It snowed 2007.
Make sure you bring warm clothing. Never been to Texas so don’t know what winters there are like.

BA in June is the beginning of winter. It can get pretty cold. It snowed 2007.
Make sure you bring warm clothing. Never been to Texas so don’t know what winters there are like.
Depending on the source that was the first BA snowfall in 100 years. Twas quite an event.

Depending on the source that was the first BA snowfall in 100 years. Twas quite an event.
I was here then, people were out in the streets with their cameras. Two days later I was walking around in shorts again.DSC00046.JPG

Excuse me, but I stood on my balcony in Nunez this past winter and watched it snow...It may have melted, but it did indeed snow.

Open a Charles Schwab account before you come. They'll give you a debit card that you can use here and save the $10 withdrawal free that the ATMs charge for each transaction. Also check out some of the first posts by New Member Fiscal and the responses by member Earlyretirement and other members. There is a wealth of useful information in those threads.

My Schwab card doesn't just save me $10 it saves me about 10%. The atm's have maximums that can be withdrawn at one time or on one day. My local atm has a 4000 peso limit per transaction and 2 withdrawls per day. So the $10 fee is for every 4000pesos ($111usd). $$20/day.

Back