Newly proposed US passport questionnaire asks about circumcision!

Dudester said:
OMG, STEVE, settle down little buddy, it's THE INTERNET !!! (and the internet ONLY) When was that comment made? 200 years ago? Relax, don't be SO sensitive..... BTW, it's Royal Wedding Week, how could you be thinking of anything else... SHAME ON YOU.... Repeat after me, WILLIAM AND KATE, WILLIAM AND KATE, WILLIAM AND KATE.....

You previously wrote, "F**K the US governement."

I say fix it (and I believe it's possible).

As an American I also say F**K the kings and queens (all of them).

I won't pay any attention to the "Royal Wedding" even if your idol Oliver Stone makes a movie about it.

I wonder why he wasn't the director of the movie, 'The Murder of Princess Diana."

That sould have been his cup o'tea.

And the next time you watch an Oliver Stone film, just remember...IT'S ONLY A MOVIE...IT'S ONLY A MOVIE...IT'S ONLY A MOVIE....

Holy COW Batman that new PassPort form is like a metal TSA pat down.. what will these clowns in Washington come up with next?

Jesus and to think we pay taxes for these retards to come up with all these ways to invade every aspect of our lives.

Oh dear! I forgot.. all this government invasion into everything I am thinking, doing, wearing and ever did is to protect me from the terrists. You know they are everywhere those terrorists.

AngelinBA said:
Putting aside the absolutely outrageous intrusion into one´s private .. erm, life it´s a hell of a security question! Some naughty person of doubtful origin steals your lovely pristine passport and tries to enter another country (probably not the USA, that´d be pushing their luck a bit) for some dubious purpose. The immigration official is not convinced of their identity. "Ooh, look, this bloke says he's circumsized (or not, as the case may be) in his application form. Drop your pants, mate, let's see who you really are." .... okay so there are some flaws with my argument, but it's a pretty funny image....

tomdesigns said:
Holy COW Batman that new PassPort form is like a metal TSA pat down.. what will these clowns in Washington come up with next?

Jesus and to think we pay taxes for these retards to come up with all these ways to invade every aspect of our lives.

Oh dear! I forgot.. all this government invasion into everything I am thinking, doing, wearing and ever did is to protect me from the terrists. You know they are everywhere those terrorists.

I understand what they're getting at with the circumcision thing. But you don't have to even fill out any of this form (or practically any of it) if you just bring your birth certificate.

That's what this form is for. People trying to get a passport WITHOUT a birth certificate.

You have to have a birth certificate to get a drivers license. I would sure as hell hope that you would need one to get a passport.

I would also hope that any country would be awfully suspicious of someone trying to get an internationally recognized ID without a birth certificate. Just look at the birth certificate, FBI record, and blah-blah-blah stuff that Argentina requires.

:rolleyes:

Napoleon said:
I understand what they're getting at with the circumcision thing. But you don't have to even fill out any of this form (or practically any of it) if you just bring your birth certificate.

That's what this form is for. People trying to get a passport WITHOUT a birth certificate.

You have to have a birth certificate to get a drivers license. I would sure as hell hope that you would need one to get a passport.

I would also hope that any country would be awfully suspicious of someone trying to get an internationally recognized ID without a birth certificate. Just look at the birth certificate, FBI record, and blah-blah-blah stuff that Argentina requires.

Ah that explains it then.. no birth certificate? Well then show us you package. Haa ah hahaa

I thought it was a new in general form.. And after my last TSA experience nothing would shock me.

Heh, not exactly like a bubble the correct answer. It also asks about baptism and appears to be entirely related to being able to confirm that you were indeed born in the USA.

In the gran scheme of injustices perpetrated by the government, this doesn't even make the list.

Napoleon said:

And yet Bajo_cero2 recently posted that a birth certificate is not required to apply for Argentine citizenship (if applying in in Capital Federal).

But a divorce certificate is required to obtain an Argentine passport (if you're divorced).

I did not have to provide a birth certificate to get a driver's license in Argentina, but I do have a DNI.

Napoleon said:

Section C is of the form is for people who do not have a birth certificate. The other sections appear to apply to all applicants....including every residence since birth, a complete employment and school record and so forth. Frankly, i have no idea about the street address of the place my folks lived with me for 6 months when I was two years old, and I have no idea who supervised me in the job I held for two months between years of high school, and so forth. No, it is not necessary to document circumcision if one has a birth certificate but the application still requires an inordinate amount of detail that most of us over the age of 40 or 50 cannot possibly answer.

Napoleon said:
[snip] just bring your birth certificate.

[snip]

steveinbsas said:
And yet Bajo_cero2 recently posted that a birth certificate is not required to apply for Argentine citizenship (if applying in in Capital Federal).

But a divorce certificate is required to obtain an Argentine passport (if you're divorced).

I did not have to provide a birth certificate to get a driver's license in Argentina, but I do have a DNI.

Steve, your examples are all examples of things where you (1) Did not provide a Birth Certificate, but (2) a document was produced that REQUIRED A BIRTH CERTIFICATE to obtain in the first place.

I believe that it's something along the lines of "The Transitive Property of Equality".

So although either Bajo's example or your experience didn't require an actual birth certificate, obtaining said document was only possible after producing the other official document. (A) Bajo's = Passport, (B) Yours = Passport and/or US Drivers License.

dr__dawggy said:
Section C is of the form is for people who do not have a birth certificate. The other sections appear to apply to all applicants....including every residence since birth, a complete employment and school record and so forth. Frankly, i have no idea about the street address of the place my folks lived with me for 6 months when I was two years old, and I have no idea who supervised me in the job I held for two months between years of high school, and so forth. No, it is not necessary to document circumcision if one has a birth certificate but the application still requires an inordinate amount of detail that most of us over the age of 40 or 50 cannot possibly answer.

Is "Section C" short for "The Section relating to Circumcision"?

As for the other stuff, I already have my passport, so I haven't taken the time to read up on that stuff.

Residence & Jobs are going to be more difficult these days. It would take me a few days to fill that thing out and there's no way it would be 100% accurate. (And I've got a ridiculously excellent memory.)

I'm thinking that, just like acquiring a visa for the USA, the less stable you are as a person (one job, one to two homes...), the less they feel they can trust you. That comes off as being total bullshit! But I would think that the numbers bear it out.

Oh well, I just hope that when I'm held up at gunpoint again, I don't get my passport stolen. (Or is this just for 1st Time Passport seekers?)

Back