Nightmare At Ezeiza

Looks like they have cleared a space now for the cars to move.

On the same general subject -- it's been 3 solid months now that the taxi line outside the Buquebus terminal has been "occupied" by guys who charge double or triple the normal rate to get anywhere in the city. If you're asked "where are you going" by a taxi driver who's waiting outside his cab, just walk away and go to the street. I've been quoted 300 pesos to get from the terminal to Belgrano. The rest of the taxistas are angry as hell about it.
FWIW, taxi prices will go up on Jan 1... subte cards are a good bet against inflation.

Any update on Ezeiza? I passed through Aeroparque yesterday and it was all clear, but I live in fear of the holiday protests...

From the Herald today...

Mauricio Macri’s second-in-command held a press conference at the Pink House following the first cabinet meeting headed by the president since he took office on December 10. Gabriela Michetti affirmed the State must “recover the role to control” people’s right to protest.
“We want the State to recover the role of controlling the right to protest,” Michetti said today. The vice-president’s statements come amid an ongoing conflict with the Cresta Roja company which has failed to pay workers’ salaries. Since last week, workers have been demonstrating in the Riccheri Highway causing traffic havoc and blocking the access to the Ezeiza International Airport.
Today, the government deployed gendarmes to end the picket leading to clashes with strikers.
“If they block a route again, we will act the same way,” Michetti said and defended the government-sponsored project to create an anti-picket protocol.

Hear hear! Sanity speaks.

http://www.infobae.com/2015/12/22/1778201-el-gobierno-anticipo-que-no-aceptara-mas-cortes-totales-calle

"El Gobierno anticipó que no aceptará más cortes totales de calle"

Back