Nisman Dead!

A little common sense .... why would he commit suicide? Right now?

Common sense?

The Argentine govt agencies have the capibility to drop a man onto the roof of one the most heavily protected apartment buildings in Puerto Madero (he had 10 close protection officers under his personal control, and his own firearm), enter detected by man, dog nor security camera, kill a man in his bathroom positioning the body to block the door, requiring a locksmith to open the door from the outside as it was locked internally?

It's not within the realms of possibility that either he didn't have the proof and crumpled under the stress of his upcoming public shaming or more plausibly he had just discovered that the proof he had was fabricated and handed to him by a disgruntled ex SIDE agent. Perhaps another source confirmed this and he realised he just went full frontal with fabricated evidence. End of career, public embarassment.

To me both of those are plausible, as is a highly competent govt or Iranian assasination. It's just that highly competent, impeccably executed (poor choice of word) govt operations don't see to fall within my defiinition of common sense.

All possibilities and motives exist, churlish to rule anything out based on what you've heard or read.
...and now I'm speculating too. Internet 1 - Magico 0. Bah.

He didn't have the smoking gun he claimed to have.

OR

He found out the smoking gun he thought he had was a fabrication.

Either of those plus upcoming public hearing would potentially have been enough. Hardly beyond the realms of possibility, nor is a politically motivated murder. Churlish to rule either out.

Do I believe the govt are capable of pulling off such a stealthy operation? Not sure.

Uki Goñi (http://ukigoni.com, whom I know slightly) and Andrés Oppenheimer (http://www.andresoppenheimer.com) had both spoken very recently with Nisman, who was apparently keen to give them both interviews.

Playing devils advocate. Perhaps he realized his case was not a strong as he thought it was. Perhaps he was threatened and scared. Perhaps he uncovered something that just put him over the edge. It was I am sure a very intense, stressful and emotional situation for Mr. Nisman to say the least.

Tragic really after 10 years of looking at piles on evidence relating to the 1994 incident. I am sure he had more understanding than many ever will. Which is also a great loss in this turn of events.

I can't tell from any of the articles I'm reading: has anyone said anything about the papers and wiretap cv's that yesterday were said to have been in his briefcase awaiting today's presentation? Has there been any confirmation that that evidence is still there, or missing? Or if there were copies?

The 330 CD with wiretappings are Supposed to be in his Apt. ??? mentioned by Security Min. Berni , B) who claims it was a suicide.. ;)

Back