Noise From Demolition Next Door - How Early Can They Start?

I feel your pain. I work from home too, and last summer had a double demolition just across the street. I think they are not allowed to start before 8am and they can work until 8pm. The demolition here lasted 4 months! They are now building a 10 story building. Some days are ok, others it is crazy, especially when the cement trucks come and they pump the cement. I am very happy when it rains and they cannot work.

Speaking of noise while working at home, I went to see my psychologist who specializes in hypnotherapy and people moved into the apartment next door and you can hear them scraping the walls because they're getting ready to paint them. Poor doctor. Imagine trying to get his patients to relax with that noise going on.

Wow, today it is particularly bad, and particularly early! At 6:45 I had been wide awake for a while already. It feels silly to complain about this, there are a lot of bigger problems out there, but I hate not getting enough sleep, and the whole point of freelancing is to be able to set my own hours. I take classes or teach four nights a week which means I come home quite late. Last night I ate quickly so that I could get in bed early but it still wasn't enough to get seven hours before they started. And napping is out of the question both because of work/classes and because of the noise of course. Sunday is my friend!!

The irony of this is that the main reason I wanted to extend my stay in this apartment was the fact that it is contrafrente and very quiet which was great for working from home. No noise from the neighbors and I can't hear Corrientes at all even though it is less than a block a way. HAHAHA. Time to apartment hunt again!

Back