Noise

The noise has continued since I moved in, about 2 months. I am thinking about not paying the rent for December until the problem is resolved. How long would it take a landlord to take legal action to take back the apartment for non payment. Just wanted to play my cards right.

Well...Sometimes love is the best medicine. Have you tried Brahms' Liebesliederwaltzes yet? I think number 11 on repeat at 10 AM should work perfectly
http://youtu.be/_FVFY71FUkg

If you remember the great Manuel Noriega, ex President of Panama, you may know that after he was toppled by the USA he took refuge in the Vatican Nunciature (embassy). To force him out the US Army deployed a jeep with huge loud speakers used to blast rock music 24/7. Noriega is an opera lover, so this tactic was the most effective torture possible. He eventually surrendered and took up residence in a Miami prison.

There is a roof garden near me, very attractive with plants, flowers and tables set up. From time to time people gather and have parties late in the evening until early morning. They play music and shout, often drunk. It's an affluent neighborhood and the party-goers are well dressed, so they aren't villa types. They just have no consideration for their neighbors. This has been going on for years and when it does I am unable to sleep. If I wanted to complain I am not even sure how I could do it. WHO do I report to the police? It could be anyone in the building. If I cite the owner as the guilty party, how can I find out who the owner is? Surely everyone in the area suffers but it seems no-one does anything.

Hi guys, I need some immediate help and advice.

After 2 months of constant noise since I moved into the apartment the agent finally told me today in an email that I can move out. The owner will let me break the lease because they can't do anything about the noise with the drummer upstairs. I told the agent that I would use the deposit as the this months rent since I have only lived in the apartment for 2 months. I know that this is not the proper way to to it but I have had trouble with Argentine landlords in the past so I really don't trust them. Actually only have paid the rent once since I moved in after the initial first month and deposit. The agent came back immediately started threatening me saying the owner would take legal action and that the deposit would be paid AFTER I leave. I DONT THINK SO......What can I do legally? We are flying out on December 24th so need to find out how long it takes for any legal action or lockout. Had a similar thing happen a few years ago and I made the big mistake of giving the keys back and moving out. Obviously I never got the deposit back. Many thanks........

It's a difficult issue. A friend of mine is one of the few honestnArgentine owners who rent to foreigners. He suffers because of the rotten image of owners in general in Argentina. He would not be happy if you threatened not to pay the last month's rent but I see your side too. Most likely your owner will give you a tough time and not return some or all of the deposit. Argentines will criticize the nasty, corrupt US / UK but they like to do business with their citizens or work for their companies because they know that there is a far greater sense of fair play.

After you leave? No, when deposit is received you will give the keys. You will leave when you have the deposit in your hand in cash. Don't tell them you have a flight and act as though you could stay for months until they give the deposit.

Yeah but if he has a flight booked already and isn't getting his deposit back, what does he need the keys for?

Does anyone know the procedure of eviction here and how long it takes?

He doesn't tell them he has a flight. He bluffs that he will remain indefintitely.

Back