Odd how the US media is barely covering this story...

I don't find the lack of coverage odd at this point in time. I would like to know the details about what is actually been seized. The details are scanty: some drugs; some weapons? This is a military aircraft and some of these items are SOP. I find it odd also, that this was an invited situation. I suspect it is all about retribution.

I would think that this kind of thing happens several times a year all around the world.

The way the press in the US sees it: There are more important things to cover than a plane being held up in some banana republic.

This is such a low priority that I doubt it's even on the priority list.

One more small country upset at the U.S.
Get in line.

A story like this will not sell 10 newspapers in the U.S.
This story planted in the Argentine press is just a Red Herring, by the Argentine government, to distract the people from much greater problems.
Recalling Ambassador Martínez to the U.S. or a State Department warning / ban about travel to Argentina would be newspaper headlines in B.A. and maybe on the 3rd page in the U.S.
:rolleyes: How dare the U.S. import medical grade morphine, probably in a 1st Aid Kit, into Buenos Aries the world capital of Paco. :rolleyes:

mcaffa said:

Reading news reports and trying to see why they are or are not getting media traction is tricky. It's too easy to project our biases into what we think we see. The professional journalists tell us that to figure it out we should follow the money. The hollowing out of US reporting has lead to a few newswires providing almost all the news content. Dow-Jones Newswire "created" and carried the story that you linked to. Dow-Jones is owned by NewsCorp, alias Fox.

Re-reading the piece, it looks like this wire service wanted to sell the headline that there is a trend and a significant change in US-AR relations. They have their headline and they have a cargo plan, and they get a few quotes from political sources. They either used the cargo plane customs event to hang a story looking for a lead on, or they opportunistically took the event and created a story of international political change and intrigue around it. Why would they create and run such a story? The financial services industry makes money whether the markets move up or down, they just need to create movement. Movement results from sensationalizing political and trade events, that goad or scare investors into acting on their greed or fear. Deteriorating relations; wow I'd better sell and put my money into safer places, or wow I'd better buy while perceived increased risk has lowered prices.

:rolleyes: How dare the U.S. import medical grade morphine, probably in a 1st Aid Kit, into Buenos Aries the world capital of Paco. :rolleyes:
Although I agree that this may be a trick by the KKs, I don't think the USA is really a good example of a 'clean' country, having probably the highest drug consume in the World.
Paco is just the rubbish, the old good cocaine is sold up there.

ptolemy said:
I don't find the lack of coverage odd at this point in time. I would like to know the details about what is actually been seized. The details are scanty: some drugs; some weapons? This is a military aircraft and some of these items are SOP. I find it odd also, that this was an invited situation. I suspect it is all about retribution.

You won't will find anything of sustenance if you are reading, Clarin, La Nacion, Perfil, Infobae, etc. or any of these rubbish-papers nor if you're listening or watching Telenoche, Canal 13, TN noticias, Radio Mitre etc, etc., no sir, not chance with those.

Tiempo Argentino, El Argentino, Pagina12, Canal 7, programs as "6-7-8" and you will get a more truthful picture of what is going on, particularly in this country.

Lucas said:
You won't will find anything of sustenance if you are reading, Clarin, La Nacion, Perfil, Infobae, etc. or any of these rubbish-papers nor if you're listening or watching Telenoche, Canal 13, TN noticias, Radio Mitre etc, etc., no sir, not chance with those.

Tiempo Argentino, El Argentino, Pagina12, Canal 7, programs as "6-7-8" and you will get a more truthful picture of what is going on, particularly in this country.

LMAO!!! Jesus are you serious??? Ok everyone, let's listen/read the STATE SPONSORED (and owned) media!! That will definitely give us the "truth". Just like the INDEC gives us the "real" inflation numbers...MY GOD! If it weren't so funny I'd be crying.

Lucas said:

...looked at some of these rags, they have even less detail , just a lot of government rhetoric with few actual facts that support their case. But, thanks for the tip.

Boy, is the USA going to be sorry- the last time a country tried something like this, Argentina declared WAR on their asses, and look how that turned out.

Back