Odd how the US media is barely covering this story...

CNN and The Wall Street Journal have covered this as well. Although it has not yet appeared in the NYT or the Washington Post.

http://tinyurl.com/49hbzys

I find it interesting that they were invited by the Argentines to do a training, similar to one they did last year where...presumably they brought the same first aid equipment as they did the first time.

Did the US bring in a few extra items on the DL this time or did the current ARG administration, in this fine election year, decide to make a mountain out of a mole hill for their benefit? Time will tell.

Boy, is the USA going to be sorry- the last time a country tried something like this, Argentina declared WAR on their asses, and look how that turned out.
This stupid incident aside, why do you always have to talk about war? This is a serious question: why is it that war seats so deep and rooted in the American culture? Any opinions? I always notice that it doesn't matter the topic, there will always be an American somehow relating it to war.
I believe that this and the bullying attitude are the main reasons why so many people around the World dislike the USA. A patovica attitude, I would say.

Amargo said:
This stupid incident aside, why do you always have to talk about war? This is a serious question: why is it that war seats so deep and rooted in the American culture? Any opinions? I always notice that it doesn't matter the topic, there will always be an American somehow relating it to war.
I believe that this and the bullying attitude are the main reasons why so many people around the World dislike the USA. A patovica attitude, I would say.

Please,.. lets not resort to name calling and stereotyping entire populations. That's too easily done.

Amargo said:
I was just going to say that! good post...

The whole thing is political as Obama is coming to South America but not Argentina which upsets the government, epecially in an election year. Its kind of a childish way for them to make known their displeasure.

I think you must be thinking of someone else.
I mostly talk about food, music, architecture, furniture, art, crafts, and food.
Did I mention Proveleta yet?

Lucas said:
Tiempo Argentino, El Argentino, Pagina12, Canal 7, programs as "6-7-8" and you will get a more truthful picture of what is going on, particularly in this country.

I never stop wondering whether people posting this kind of bullshit are paid for or are just plain blind.

Please,.. lets not resort to name calling and stereotyping entire populations. That's too easily done.
Sorry if I offended you. It wasn't meant to be offensive, it was just my observation. I have a few american friends who wouldn't be able to kill a pidgeon. But I have always wondered why so many americans bring up the war topic.

The whole thing is political as Obama is coming to South America but not Argentina which upsets the government, epecially in an election year. Its kind of a childish way for them to make known their displeasure.
I think it is rather distraction from the local problems (inflation, some corruption scandals, the problems of ocupaciones, etc).
The most Argentines care a lot more about those things that Obama.

gouchobob said:

Either that or crazy Cristina is still bitter after Obama gave her the famous handshake snub at the G-20 summit back in '09. :D

Back