Odd how the US media is barely covering this story...

gouchobob said:
The whole thing is political as Obama is coming to South America but not Argentina which upsets the government, epecially in an election year. Its kind of a childish way for them to make known their displeasure.
Every international move that Xtina makes is reactionary and childish and further reinforces her world image as a "Small Time" player with few cards in the game. Everyone here has already spotted this as sour grapes because Crissy got snubbed and most of the Argentines I have spoken with see it in the same light. She must think that the entire population is stupid. Or wait.....maybe it's she that's stupid?

Guillo said:
I never stop wondering whether people posting this kind of bullshit are paid for or are just plain blind.

I was thinking the same of you and wondering who could be paying you to write so much nonsense and rubbish... The Clarin Group perhaps? or you are doing that for free based in your ignorance.

ghost said:
She must think that the entire population is stupid. Or wait.....maybe it's she that's stupid?

...or maybe you are, did you think of that?... no you don't how you could it be...right?

So clever as a ghost...why didn't you think of that?...because you are...not

Lucas said:
...or maybe you are, did you think of that?... no you don't how you could be...right?

:confused:

Please write what you meant to say in Spanish, because it doesn't make sense in English. Thanks. This will help with the original poster forming a response.

Lucas said:
I was thinking the same of you and wondering who could be paying you to write so much nonsense and rubbish... The Clarin Group perhaps? or you are doing that for free based in your ignorance.

I'm hardly the only one here with the same opinion.

I read a whole lot of different media. And I can recognize bias (mostly).

What about you, do you only consume official media? Do you really believe 100% of what they say, even when they are many times shown as liars by reality?

Its kind of sad.

In order of importance so keep up:

1. US talks about "war" a lot (i don't know is it a lot compared to historic episodes like the 100 years war, the 20 years war, the Punic Wars (plural)) because we are not only fighting ours, but yours, and every other countries. "You want us on that Wall, You need us on that Wall,.....I would rather you said thank you and go your merry way"

2. Argentina is the self-conscious aging starlet jealous of the new hot thing rising up from the chorus (Brazil), and they are bitter, petty and scared. So they stamp their feet and beg for attention...instead of thinking..."I don't know maybe there are some good Mom/Wife roles, or perhaps I could get that Best supporting actress award, that's not a bad one." Instead they are resorting to the sad Hollywood aging actress dilemma of "I guess I may have to go full nude for attention" ploy. The only next step is Cristina spotted at Milion with Hugo Chavez smoking Cuban cigars.

3. Is this news in the US? Are you kidding? It's news when the Hot chick talks to the nerd, not the other way around

4. Do you really think you get the news? Wikileaks, love it or hate it, has shown that 92.674% of what you read is not even the truth or telling you the "back story". Now I am not a "grand conspiracy guy", but I have friends who work in government agenices and they laugh when stories in the news say things that could not be so far from the truth. (except of course lengthy truly "investigated" stories.) For all we know, the Pilot of this flight went out and had "improper" contact with some government officials 18 year old daughter and they are grounding the plane until he proposes or promises to take her to Cirque de Soleil in Vegas.

**whew...open another malbec so I can wash this morphine stuffed empanada down....

Napoleon said:
:confused:

Please write what you meant to say in Spanish, because it doesn't make sense in English. Thanks. This will help with the original poster forming a response.

What for Napo? let them guess

I don't thing that writing in 'castellano' will do any good, ignorance is a bliss what you don't know cannot hurt you, remember?

Guillo said:
I read a whole lot of different media. And I can recognize bias (mostly).

Really? Its kind of sad, very, very sad

Maybe if you start using glasses and your brains things will be a little different, just a thought.

"The United States Luggage"

Avión militar requisado
"Las valijas de Estados Unidos"
Publicado el 16 de Febrero de 2011
Por Víctor Ego Ducrot
Periodista, escritor y profesor universitario.

En cada episodio concreto, en el que aparecen algunos de los vectores de la trama ‘democracia vigilada’ más ‘guerra de baja intensidad’, surge el nombre de Duhalde o de algunos de sus operadores de máxima cercanía.

<English> "The United States Luggage"

I need to say it: Pagina/12 is a state-sponsored newspaper, but their level of investigative journalism is very high compared to "La Nacion" or "Clarin". Let me rephrase that: at least Pagina HAS investigative journalism. "La Nacion" is a cable-publishing machine that tweaks each one of them to become a kind of neocon message, using for this purpose students from the Catolic University and some old and even irrational pundits such as Grondona, Sola, or Beatriz Sarlo.

So forget about the politics pages in Pagina (even when I support K I would not read them), but read the investigations and their cultural sections, they are really good, the best at this moment in Argentina´s newspapers.

As we say in this country, "Clarin" is a good newspaper to wrap the eggs in the supermarket or start your asado (this is not a new phrase).

Back