Organic food

You'd do well to use the search box on this site and use "Organic" as your search term. You probably won't find much about Olavarria but you'll discover that organic doesn't have the same tight, controlled and certified meaning that it does in the USA so buying organic is a bit caveat emptorish. You may have to look further afield than Olavarria but when you browse the search results they may give you some ideas about other places to go. If you come across organic sources others haven't yet mentioned, do report back to the forum.

Sometimes out in the province, city hall, will sponsor some sort of farmers market , normally they are pretty small and not exactly organic, but i think that would be a good way to start your search, also dieteticas sometimes claim to have certain items totally organic....... good luck to you pilgrim

Got a few: Not sure about your neighborhood though.

1.) I learned about most organic stuff here from the restaurant Catalino. They only use farm to table ingredients and include the name of the farms on the menu so you go out and support the farms yourself. It's in their interest for these farms to succeed. https://buenos-aires.restorando.com.ar/restaurante/catalino

2.) Haven't really gone yet to purchase from AlmaZen yet but apparently it's all organic. Many of the farm-to-table farms supply their products there if I'm correct.

3.) Look for http://estilorganico.com/ also. I hadn't heard of this but my wife says we buy our eggs from the local dietetica from them.

Good luck!!

Hey! I’m Laura Montoya, and I have a business called Sana Me, that prepares and distributes organic, vegan and local food, and we focus on mindful eating. My contact number is 1135739558, and my email is [email protected]
Feel free to call me or email me anytime!

there are a couple of dieteticas, but my guess is you might end up making a weekly run to Tandil, where, given the more affluent population, the presence of college kids, and the general hipster factor, I know there is a fair amount of options.

I discovered MATCHA LIFE last week, which opened in January 2018 in Recoleta, that carries some organic, gluten-free, and vegan products (all marked on the shelves). It was fun just browsing their incredible selection of prepared and packaged items. I rarely enter traditional grocery stores. Matcha Life had me captivated with all their products. My local dietetica doesn't carry ground cloves (clavo de olor molido de Turquia) or natural peanut butter without salt and sugar (Nina's mantequilla de mani), but I found them at Matcha Life.
https://www.facebook.com/matchalife36/

It takes time to seek out and find organic products which are increasing in the city. For example, the organic lemons come from Biotuc of Tucuman and are distributed at the ferias organicas on the weekend by Tallo Verde.

I eat lots of raisins and walnuts, but only recently did I find organic products at the feria organica in Tribunales every Friday. The stand of VIVA alimentacion consciente carries them. The products come from Maelca of La Rioja. The raisins have seeds and come in small bunches, and the taste is incredible. 500 grams is 300ARS. The shelled walnuts come in a kilo bag for 1000ARS.

www.maelcaorganico.com

MAPO (which stands for Movimiento Argentino para la Produccion Organica) has scheduled ORGANIC WEEK, Dec 3-8 in the city.
See their FB page.

The member producers will be at Tribunales, Plaza Lavalle (Lavalle 1200 Talcahuano & Libertad) from TUESDAY, Dec 3 to FRIDAY, Dec 6 from 11 am to 6 pm, with their organic products. Cards accepted for purchases.

Then SATURDAY and SUNDAY, Dec 7 & 8, the organic fair continues in Palermo near Rosedal gardens (roses are in full bloom) Iraola & Sarmiento, from 10am to 7 pm.

www.mapo.org.ar
@mapo.organicos

Back