Pancakes

tangobob

Registered
I have searched the topics and done a word search all to no avail. Shrove Tuesday is rapidly approaching and I cannot find pancakes in this city, only as a desert. Does anyone know where I can get some, I may have to buy my wife a pancake pan at this rate. Please if you know, don't be responsible for the divorce.

Oh please...honestly pancakes are about as easy as making toast. Just ensure you buy a small cheap frying pan and

Mix 1/3 flour (approx 200 grams), pinch salt, 3 heaped tablespoons sugar, teaspoon baking powder. Blend
Make a well in the middle, add 1 egg, and milk to blend until consistency of thin custard. Add to fridge 30 minutes and then dry in batches with melted butter. When small
bubbles appear on the pancake it is ready to flip

They never fail I swear. Just be confident. Enjoy!

Normally at home we would cook our own, but I promised her a holiday of sorts, three months each year in Buenos Aires. Trying desperately to avoid the cook them ourselves option.
Maybe there is someone who could actually answer the question. Or tell me how we do this preparation while we are in a milonga.

Normally at home we would cook our own, but I promised her a holiday of sorts, three months each year in Buenos Aires. Trying desperately to avoid the cook them ourselves option.
Maybe there is someone who could actually answer the question. Or tell me how we do this preparation while we are in a milonga.

Understood and wishing you well. There are definitely Sunday mornings I wish someone would treat me instead of me spending an hour making a stack of 20+

How desperately are you trying to avoid cooking them? Because if you are willing to travel I know of a volunteer firehouse that is actually having a pancake breakfast. It will involve a plane ticket.

Do you start preparing for your Milonga at breakfast time? (assuming that is when you want to eat your pancakes)

Three months without picking up a pan? ... And I thought I was whipped!

Don't get mad, you gotta expect people like me when you come on these type of sites.

A little known tip when it comes to making your pancakes extra fluffy!:

After you mix all your dry ingredients together (which probably ought to include at least a teaspoon or so of baking soda), add about a teaspoon or two of white vinegar to your wet ingredients, and then combine... Not too much vinegar, as that would alter the flavor of your pancakes, but *just enough* to cause a chemical reaction (think of those old homemade volcano experiments! :) )

This for me is the problem with this site, mainly Americans, you do not understand us Brits. We eat pancakes at tea time.

I can understand how the pan thing can confuse, our apartment is small and we try and keep things to a minimum. We have a griddle pan, that does for most things but no use for pancakes.

Bartola serves pancakes at tea time ( Gurruchaga 1795, Palermo.) also Malvon in Villa Crespo. Pancakes at tea time are a Porteno classic, but usually people do it at home ( roll them up with dulce de leche or just sprinkle with sugar )

COTO supermarkets sell them cooked and packed, not sweet but you could sprinkle some sugar or whatever you like and just heat them up. I prefer to cook my own but this might help https://www.cotodigital3.com.ar/sitios/cdigi/browse;jsessionid=rcNYxZe1GSS80xLvAE9eHFJirnAmUCmUWu_d6qIQBYQB_FuNTwde!341904286!1624170647?_dyncharset=utf-8&Dy=1&Ntt=panqueques%7C1004&Nty=1&Ntk=All%7Cproduct.sDisp_091&siteScope=ok&_D%3AsiteScope=+&atg_store_searchInput=panqueques&idSucursal=091&_D%3AidSucursal=+&search=Ir&_D%3Asearch=+&_DARGS=%2Fsitios%2Fcartridges%2FSearchBox%2FSearchBox.jsp

So are you wanting the very thin pancakes like you find everywhere in BA or the American style, thick usually served with Aunt Jamima syrup? (similar to waffles) That will make he difference in the answers you get.

Back