Paris Of The South.

After watching something on greece I would actually debate its more of athens of the south

"Paris of the South" was a 20th-century cliche that never held more than a small kernel of truth.

After watching something on greece I would actually debate its more of athens of the south

Sadly wherever there is any old architecture remnant it is leveled and something ugly is built, really disappointing

I´m not familiar with this way of reasoning .

There is an eloquent post by @zorawar, ... worth noticing.
(just few posts above)

Look, any geographical comparison of this sort will always be flawed to some extent, or at least be nitpickers' heaven.

But FWIW, I spent at least some time in several European cities and about a year in a suburb of Paris: what I remember of the very first time I stepped out on the street here, my first take was "wow, feels like France".

I can't quite place my finger on what it was, certainly nobody is saying the two are the same - even without taking crime and dog droppings into account. But this was the immediate and visceral association I made when I first ventured out into the street here.

I´m not familiar with this way of reasoning .

There is an eloquent post by @zorawar, ... worth noticing.
(just few posts above)

yeah that is a very spot on example, although as always people will find similarities in different places however for me Buenos Aires really doesn't in the grand respect to me feel like somewhere else, it feels unique in its own way that i don't even know how to explain. I very well could have studied in Europe or transferred to a school there but there is just something I find here that is unrelateable and draws me no matter if i was paying the regular exchange rate (Yes I would have to change my lifestyle) or the blue dollar.

Back