Pensionado Visa Peso requirement

They haven't cancelled your precaria. You still have it. An intimacion is just a request for more information, more documents as part of the process of assessing your application during the precaria stage. You need to renew the precaria before 10 January in the usual way. If you want to continue.

The complication is that they have only given you 30 days to respond to the intimacion. Should you choose to persist (recommended), you need to either engage a lawyer to take this unreasonable and unclear intimacion up with them, or you need to go down there yourself this week to try and get someone to see sense.

I have had my temporary (one-year) residency approved and there was no requirement that I have my Social Security payments or my US pension deposited in a bank in Buenos Aires. (I did have to show proof of income that meets the current standard). That money still goes to my account at Bank of America in New York City, and I transfer money from there via Western Union to my BancoCiudad account here. BTW, I had a great lawyer working on this — Léon Unger.

I have had my temporary (one-year) residency approved and there was no requirement that I have my Social Security payments or my US pension deposited in a bank in Buenos Aires. (I did have to show proof of income that meets the current standard). That money still goes to my account at Bank of America in New York City, and I transfer money from there via Western Union to my BancoCiudad account here. BTW, I had a great lawyer working on this — Léon Unger.
Totally consistent with the experience. They get confused about their own rules. One official reads the new disposición as meaning Pensionistas do need to bring the money in, another reads it differently (and probably correctly). A good lawyer will help clarify matters and argue for the correct interpretation.

(When did they approve your residencia?)

Three images of my different statuses from 8 October, 23 October, and today, 27 November.

Attachments

• 8October.jpg
    8October.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 23October1.jpg
    23October1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 23October2.jpg
    23October2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 27November1.jpg
    27November1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 27November2.jpg
    27November2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 7
Totally consistent with the experience. They get confused about their own rules. One official reads the new disposición as meaning Pensionistas do need to bring the money in, another reads it differently (and probably correctly). A good lawyer will help clarify matters and argue for the correct interpretation.

(When did they approve your residencia?)
It had moved out of supervisor approval and I was awaiting the disposición since 23 October.

Nothing unusual has happened. These images show internal steps (and internal language) on their system. The back end, if you like. The front end for you is the Precaria: that document you have that you can print off and wave around (and would use if you were to try to open a bank account). It is valid until 10 January while they continue to assess your case. And it can be renewed in the usual way before 10 January. You need to respond to the intimacion with 30 days. You can do that yourself. Or you can get a lawyer. Either you or your lawyer will point out the inconsistencies/impossibilities in the intimacion and get it changed and, if required have the 30 days extended to a more reasonable timeframe.

Keep going. This is all completely normal. Unfortunately, normal in the case of Migraciones also includes long delays and nonsense intimaciones that need to be challenged and corrected.

You have reached the point that many of us have reached before you. You read the requirements, you gathered the documents, you did everything by the book, and, to your surprise, the application was accepted at the first checkpoint without a hitch. A promising start. But then, nothing...

You may have waited patiently during the nothing period, telling yourself that they were just a bit slow, but that sooner or later, something positive would happen. You may have gone down there to Avenida Antartica and asked what was happening and been shown a screen on someone's computer displaying a colored in "aprobado" and been told that this means your application has been approved and your DNI will be coming in the mail in a matter of weeks. When that didn't happen, you may have gone back, asked a different person, and been told that the word "aprodado" on the screen refers merely to an internal process (the receipt of your documents at the first checkpoint all those months ago) and not to the final decision. A few months later, you may have gone down there again and talked to someone else, who looked at the screen and told you nobody had even opened or looked at your file. You may have followed up in the way that person recommended: submitting a formal request to expedite the tramite.

You may have then continued to wait, knowing that summer is coming and even expedited tramites might move slowly in the warmer months. You might have consoled yourself knowing that you are legal, life is fine, and all you have to do is keep renewing your Precaria every so often. You might have reminded yourself that patience is its own reward, and that in any event, we should always be careful what we wish for.

Months might have turned into years. Still nothing. Then one day, when you least expected it, an intimacion turned up in your inbox with an incomprehensible and contradictory and impossible requirement to meet in an unachievable time frame.

That day is today. That's the day you get a lawyer.

And in the end, it works out. And patience does turn out to be its own reward.

Last edited:
Pre-precaria, which is where you are at, you can't. So they have set you an impossible task. Thirty days is also pretty unreasonable. They are also asking you to deposit money as if you were approved, but you are not. And may not be (if for example, they don't like the FBI certificate). The way they have worded the income requirements (the bit about 60 days) is also quite obscure, and even if it were a reasonable/possible request would need clarification.
Correction: You are not at a pre-Precaria stage. You have your Precaria. Of course. And with that you can, in fact, open a bank account, as they are asking you to. (Finding a bank official who knows his or her own regulations well enough to take your Precaria as the basis for opening an account may be almost as hard as finding a Migraciones official who knows the rules, but that is a separate question.)

But the real issue here is that the intimacion you received puts a whole new twist to the subject of this thread. Not only (if the person who issued the intimacion to be believed) do Pensionistas now have to bring a set sum into the financial system as part of the deal, but they also have to begin doing so before there even is a deal. They are telling you open a bank account, stick a couple of thousand dollars in it as the temporary resident's monthly contribution, but only later on will they decide whether they even accept you as a temporary resident.

This seems ridiculous. Technically, you can probably comply with the intimacion (if you can open a bank account, deposit money into it and get the FBI report issued and translated all within 30 days). But the way he or she has presented it to you makes a probably incorrect interpretation of the new rules even worse than previously suspected on this board.

Back