Pensionado Visa Peso requirement

Months might have turned into years. Still nothing. Then one day, when you least expected it, an intimacion turned up in your inbox with an incomprehensible and contradictory and impossible requirement to meet in an unachievable time frame.

That day is today. That's the day you get a lawyer.
Tell the truth were you thinking of this movie scene when you wrote this?

Any insight on how to get the FBI report apostilled? I see the procedure for requesting one while abroad, which will require me mailing my fingerprint card from Argentina to the address listed, but afterward how do I actually get the report apostilled while I am here in Argentina?

I don't quite understand what this movie marathon is about.

A guy has a 5205 USD pension, which is quite impressive by the way. To grant a retirement visa, immigration asks him to transfer around 800 USD into his own account in Argentina. It looks like a one-time requirement. There's a good chance that in a couple of months, there will be full convertibility between the dollar and the peso.

Even if the $800 is converted to pesos at the official rate, it would result in a loss of about $500. What do you expect to pay for a lawyer?

Any insight on how to get the FBI report apostilled? I see the procedure for requesting one while abroad, which will require me mailing my fingerprint card from Argentina to the address listed, but afterward how do I actually get the report apostilled while I am here in Argentina?

I've used them multiple times to make the FBI apostille process go smoothly. Call them and they will explain everything. I would recommend mailing multiple copies of the fingerprint card to a relative in the US, so that if Migraciones requires that the certificate be issued within 90 days and those 90 days lapse because of their own incompetence(it's happened to me before elsewhere), you don't have to mail a fresh fingerprint card to the US to get a new certificate.

A guy has a 5205 USD pension, which is quite impressive by the way. To grant a retirement visa, immigration asks him to transfer around 800 USD into his own account in Argentina. It looks like a one-time requirement. There's a good chance that in a couple of months, there will be full convertibility between the dollar and the peso.

Even if the $800 is converted to pesos at the official rate, it would result in a loss of about $500. What do you expect to pay for a lawyer?
Do we know what the actual $$$ requirement is? It says 5 times the SMV per month, which is how much exactly? They want two months worth.

From what I can find, since the requirement has never been communicated to me by immigrations, the monthly minimum is 146.000 pesos per month. Multiplied by 5, it is 730.000 pesos. Since they want two months worth, that is 1.436.000 pesos. At todays official rate, that is a little over $4000 USD I need to deposit... just to be approved.

we used a similar online fbi apostille service, it worked well. I was in the US at the time, though, so I had the final version mailed to me there and I hand carried it down. Was cheaper, but I am pretty sure you can have it DHL'ed here.
The monthly amount changes every month. They dont care if its official rate, they just want pesos in the correct amount. You can use Western Union direct to a bank account, and get much better than official, but a bit below blue.

Good, that was what I was hoping to do, WU it to the account.

I am doubtful I will be able to get the FBI check requested, received, apostilled and translated within 29 days now.

If they count the day they sent the letter as the first day, I have until the day after Christmas, December 26.

Considering there will be shipping times between here and the US and then back here, plus the holidays, and anyone who has worked in the U.S. government knows that staffing at some of those agencies are less during December, I will almost certaintly exceed their unreasonable timeframe.

I am pretty sure I can accomplish the bank portion within their timeframe, but not the FBI check they are requesting.

After all, they originally accepted the criminal background check I had submitted in August.

Do I just write a letter asking for more time to meet their request?

I am still waiting to hear back from the different lawyers I contacted.

Good, that was what I was hoping to do, WU it to the account.

I am doubtful I will be able to get the FBI check requested, received, apostilled and translated within 29 days now.

If they count the day they sent the letter as the first day, I have until the day after Christmas, December 26.

Considering there will be shipping times between here and the US and then back here, plus the holidays, and anyone who has worked in the U.S. government knows that staffing at some of those agencies are less during December, I will almost certaintly exceed their unreasonable timeframe.

I am pretty sure I can accomplish the bank portion within their timeframe, but not the FBI check they are requesting.

After all, they originally accepted the criminal background check I had submitted in August.

Do I just write a letter asking for more time to meet their request?

I am still waiting to hear back from the different lawyers I contacted.
You mail the fingerprint sheet to the company in the link I posted, they scan it and upload it digitally to the FBI, a digital certificate comes out a few days later, and then they get it apostilled, which could take a few days, could take a few months. Call the company and ask how long the apostille is taking these days before giving up.

Back