Permanent residence interview after marriage

I was just given an interview appointment via ZOOM for my permanent residency. Two weeks ago I received an email from migraciones requesting extra documentation on our income and domicilio (also birth certificates and vaccination records for any Argentine children born to me - an irrelevant point in our case), which surprised me as I´ve been browsing this site for almost as long as I´ve been in the country and I hadn't heard about this happening.
I hope this means we are close to finishing the process and having my DNI in hand.

I didn't do any interview to get my permanent residency, this must be a new requirement. I just submitted the documentation in RADEX when the time came to apply for permanency. Is this a new requirement?
I did mine last month in CABA and no interview either. All they did was check and scan all the documents and let me know which docs I was missing and rescheduled me. It seems each migraciones branch has their own requirements.

I was just given an interview appointment via ZOOM for my permanent residency. Two weeks ago I received an email from migraciones requesting extra documentation on our income and domicilio (also birth certificates and vaccination records for any Argentine children born to me - an irrelevant point in our case), which surprised me as I´ve been browsing this site for almost as long as I´ve been in the country and I hadn't heard about this happening.
I hope this means we are close to finishing the process and having my DNI in hand.
I went to migraciones last month in CABA. There was no interview. I gave them my translated birth certificate but they said they didn't need the birth certificate but I did have to translate my passport from English to Spanish and I had to go get the penales argentinos at a local police station which was easy to get. And since my penales from home wasn't legalized, I did have to send it back to have it legalized. But they gave me precaria while waiting for the last document to be ready. And when it is ready, all I need to do is upload it to the site they gave and wait for them to approve. I uploaded the last pending doc yesterday and now the system shows as "presentacion documentacion web pendiente".

I did mine last month in CABA and no interview either. All they did was check and scan all the documents and let me know which docs I was missing and rescheduled me. It seems each migraciones branch has their own requirements.
That was the first step after submitting my documents on RaDex, about 4 months ago. I had all the necessary documents and was given my precaria, which has since expired and not renewed despite 2 confirmations that it would be. It seems possible you could be given another interview further down the road if your motive for residency is familial.

That was the first step after submitting my documents on RaDex, about 4 months ago. I had all the necessary documents and was given my precaria, which has since expired and not renewed despite 2 confirmations that it would be. It seems possible you could be given another interview further down the road if your motive for residency is familial.
So I could be expecting an interview after this? Yes, I got married so my permanent residency is familial. We shall see. I will keep you posted on what happens next.

I went to migraciones last month in CABA. There was no interview. I gave them my translated birth certificate but they said they didn't need the birth certificate but I did have to translate my passport from English to Spanish and I had to go get the penales argentinos at a local police station which was easy to get. And since my penales from home wasn't legalized, I did have to send it back to have it legalized. But they gave me precaria while waiting for the last document to be ready. And when it is ready, all I need to do is upload it to the site they gave and wait for them to approve. I uploaded the last pending doc yesterday and now the system shows as "presentacion documentacion web pendiente".
I don't know why you'd need to go to a police station to get your "antecedentes penales" when this is a function of RENAPER? When I did my permanent residency the document went straight from RENAPER to Migraciones, I paid for it, but didn't even see it. This was in CABA in 2021.

I don't know why you'd need to go to a police station to get your "antecedentes penales" when this is a function of RENAPER? When I did my permanent residency the document went straight from RENAPER to Migraciones, I paid for it, but didn't even see it. This was in CABA in 2021.
I was mistaken. I didn't go to the police station but to "registro nacional de reincidencia" to get the penales. I paid extra to expedite the tramite and they told us we'd need to get the penales anyway. There's some confusion with the info on the page I think. I'm not sure what it was but I initially thought the penales was included in the extra fee but they told me that I needed to get the penales and who was I to argue with migraciones.

This is really good to know. I oganised a trip this morning to RNR for the Antecedentes certificate to take place on Friday (earliest slot available for the fast track). This afternoon I decided I'd file my other documents today through Radex and have been given an appointment slot for Wednesday morning. Wasn't expecting it to be that rapid based on some of the time frames between filing and appointment given in the forum. Will have to explain to Migraciones that I will have the Antecedentes document on Friday and hopefully I'll be able to upload it as you detail here.

Hi! they recently sent me an email 3 months after my initial appointment asking for this same documentation. After you submitted it, did they request the interview? Was it the same interview referenced earlier in this thread, with your spouse? or just an interview with you?

After you submitted it, did they request the interview?

Yup, I received another email from a different person and I didn't have to do anything other than boot up Zoom at the specified time.

Was it the same interview referenced earlier in this thread, with your spouse? or just an interview with you?

Both of us had to be present and it went almost exactly as the other poster described - we had to present our IDs and then we were asked some questions about our residence, family, work, how we met, my trips to Argentina, etc. It was all done in spanish.

My month-past-due precaria was renewed immediately afterward, so I guess that´s a good sign.

Back