Permanent residence interview after marriage

Yup, I received another email from a different person and I didn't have to do anything other than boot up Zoom at the specified time.

Both of us had to be present and it went almost exactly as the other poster described - we had to present our IDs and then we were asked some questions about our residence, family, work, how we met, my trips to Argentina, etc. It was all done in spanish.

My month-past-due precaria was renewed immediately afterward, so I guess that´s a good sign.
thanks so much for the info! how long roughly did it take for your interview date take to be granted? and when was this? in the pandemia times or more recently? has your DNI arrived yet? did it delay much longer after the renewed precaria?

I was given 10 days from the original email in which to submit my documents and received the second email within days, with the date of the interview set ten days later.

has your DNI arrived yet? did it delay much longer after the renewed precaria?
I´ll have to let you know as we very recently had the interview!

had the interview yesterday - it was really chill. we're a same sex couple and were interviewed together. asked when i arrived to argentina, how/when we met, when we became a couple, about our families (who's met who), and given the apparent okay. the woman who interviewed us (cecilia) was really nice and progressive, and said that if we had done a civil union it would be under more scrutiny, but constitutionally marriage can be done at any time for any motive.

I was just given an interview appointment via ZOOM for my permanent residency. Two weeks ago I received an email from migraciones requesting extra documentation on our income and domicilio (also birth certificates and vaccination records for any Argentine children born to me - an irrelevant point in our case), which surprised me as I´ve been browsing this site for almost as long as I´ve been in the country and I hadn't heard about this happening.
I hope this means we are close to finishing the process and having my DNI in hand.
Thanks for the responses. We attended our interview, I was told my DNI will be sent in the mail, and my PR is approved. My case was done in Moreno BA.
They took my wife in first. Asked her a series of questions. Then called me in alone, and asked me the same. Basic questions you should know about someone after a few months.
Hopefully DNI will arrive soon. Plan on immediately applying for citizenship.
After 4 months, I finally received an email yesterday requesting a few more documents (one of which was already given since the beginning but anyway...). I sent the additional documents right away and today I received another email informing me about the interview date scheduled for next week. :)

I’m about to be going through the PR process, alongside my wife. (She’s Brazilian, so we’re applying together for permanent residency through the bilateral agreement) so I’m curious what, if any, differences there are in the process.

Thanks for the responses. We attended our interview, I was told my DNI will be sent in the mail, and my PR is approved. My case was done in Moreno BA.
They took my wife in first. Asked her a series of questions. Then called me in alone, and asked me the same. Basic questions you should know about someone after a few months.
Hopefully DNI will arrive soon. Plan on immediately applying for citizenship.
Hi @jiujitsusa Did you receive your DNI card already? How long did it take after your interview? Hope all is well.

After 4 months, I finally received an email yesterday requesting a few more documents (one of which was already given since the beginning but anyway...). I sent the additional documents right away and today I received another email informing me about the interview date scheduled for next week. :)

How did the interview go?

How did the interview go?
It went well. They interviewed us together and it took about 40 min. Basically, they just asked our life story, how we met, about our families, travels etc, nothing out of the ordinary actually. Afterwards, they told us that everything was good and they'd upload everything into the system either that day or the day after. And now it's up to whoever that has the authority to approve my case but they don't know when that will happen. It has been almost two weeks now but my status hasn't changed from 'tramite en proceso de provision' to 'disposicion de residencia protocolizada' :(, hopefully it will change soon. Hope this helps.

had the interview yesterday - it was really chill. we're a same sex couple and were interviewed together. asked when i arrived to argentina, how/when we met, when we became a couple, about our families (who's met who), and given the apparent okay. the woman who interviewed us (cecilia) was really nice and progressive, and said that if we had done a civil union it would be under more scrutiny, but constitutionally marriage can be done at any time for any motive.
Did you receive your DNI? If so, how long did it take after your interview?

Back