Permanent residence interview after marriage

I just checked and it was approved just now so yayyy!!!
View attachment 9425

I just checked and it was approved just now so yayyy!!!

View attachment 9425
To set expectations, you might want to actually physically receive your PR before popping any champagne. Today is day 449 for me in trámite - to simply to renew a one year visa (pensionado) with DNI. Because Migración is where the least competent sons and daughters of the K 'elite' find employment.

Like you, I've been in the last step for months and months. Everything is supposedly finished and then out of the blue they ask you for something else.

As generally useless as the US Embassy is, Migración is walking into the film "Idiocracy". Hang in there and good luck.

I’m hoping that by only having documents from the U.S., Argentina and Brazil, it’ll make the process relatively smoother, but who knows with migraciones. My stuff is from the U.S., my wife’s is all from Brazil, our marriage certificate is from CABA and we’re applying together through the Brazilian right to PR.
I spoke too soon. No intimaciones for mine yet, but because Brazil changed their system for emitting the antecedentes penales in the couple of days between downloading hers and setting up our appointments, Migraciones was unable to verify my wife's. Of course, Brazil's new system can't verify documents issued by the old one. :rolleyes:

At least there aren't any legalization or apostille hoops for Brazilian documents, but it's a minor annoyance.

Congrats Iggy, I'm sure you'll be fine, this note is for people starting the process. It's been a good 5/6 years since we went through it, We live in Mendoza which at the time was notorios for taking a long time and fumbling everything they can so we made our appointment for our interview/document dump at a smaller town a couple of hours away and it went really well and smoothly. Just a thought. We had been married in the USA so had to translate and notarize everything but they rubber stamped us without a question. I tend to try to overwhelm those situations by being way overly prepared with all sorts of documents. Tidal wave approach. Good Luck

Congrats Iggy, I'm sure you'll be fine, this note is for people starting the process. It's been a good 5/6 years since we went through it, We live in Mendoza which at the time was notorios for taking a long time and fumbling everything they can so we made our appointment for our interview/document dump at a smaller town a couple of hours away and it went really well and smoothly. Just a thought. We had been married in the USA so had to translate and notarize everything but they rubber stamped us without a question. I tend to try to overwhelm those situations by being way overly prepared with all sorts of documents. Tidal wave approach. Good Luck
Which town did you go to?

Hi there,

my application for permanent residency finally reached the status of "Disposicón de residencia protocolizada", which is the final step in the proces. Does anyone know if this means that the DNI will soon be granted? I am currently abroad and am not sure whether I still have to get back within the three months of the last precaria if the DNI is about to be granted. If anyone has experience with this topic, I would be glad to know more! Thank you in advance!

Hi there,

my application for permanent residency finally reached the status of "Disposicón de residencia protocolizada", which is the final step in the proces. Does anyone know if this means that the DNI will soon be granted? I am currently abroad and am not sure whether I still have to get back within the three months of the last precaria if the DNI is about to be granted. If anyone has experience with this topic, I would be glad to know more! Thank you in advance!

I think so.

Hi there,

It takes about a month after it became "resuelto". Talk to Renaper chatbot on WhatsApp to get your IDtrámite and use the number to track the progress online.

Back