Peruvian restaurants

depends on the style:

the crown jewel, but better in Lima: Astrid & Gaston

for japanese fusion (seafood): Sipan and Osaka

for chinese fusion: Sipan and Man-San (Peru 832 in San T)

for african/indian fusion: Sipan and Chan Chan (very close to San T)

i havent been to Bardot

wreReynolds said:
There is a great Peruvian place oppposite Abasto shopping (I forget the street, but it is on the west side of Abasto Shopping, just a few doors from Corrientes). Cheap and great food.

I believe you are talking about Mochica which is right next to the the Abasto mall on 520 Aguero . I would not consider them cheap, but they are delicious.

As a peruvian/american I can recommend the following: Primavera Trujillana, Astrid y Gaston, Francesco, Ceviche, Mochica and Mamani (very cheap, very simple, full of peruvians). But I honestly haven't found a bad peruvian restaurant in BA yet.

3 years ago when I moved to Buenos Aires I got so sick of argentinian food, I went out and hired a peruvian cook for me and my entire office. She turned out to be incredible. 6 months ago we partnered up and recently opened Peru Deli. Our core business is delivery, we are located at Beruti 4602. We will be setting up tables in the next few weeks.

I am very happy that peruvian food is going through such a boom not just in Argentina but worldwide. Having been born with peruvian food, it is no surprise that it is among the very best. I am seriously looking at finding Thai chefs in Argentina and introduce good Thai food here as well. If you guys do come to check out Peru Deli or order, I'd love to hear your comments. We have tried to do things differently, from the decoration, to the concept, to the packaging.

I have a globetrotting friend who is convinced Peruvian food could be the 'next' Thai food in terms of popularity. In Canada, we have loads of 'fast food' Thai counters and such - he thinks Peruvian could be the next.

Thanks for all the recs. Ryoga, could you indeed elaborate on 'unreal' ? :)

I am playing at an upscale Peruvian Restaurant called Pozo Santo on Friday night @ 11pm in Palermo. I haven't eaten there yet but there is really nice decor and ambiance and the staff was extremely friendly. It's located on El Salvador 4968. The chefs are all from Peru I believe. www.pozosanto.com.ar

Saludos,

Bronson

www.myspace.com/brontennisbass

Back