Peruvian restaurants

Just wanted to update that so far, my two favourite Peruvian places are the most casual (and cheapest):

solopescados (on Anchorena to the side of the mall) and... one that was mentionned perhaps, about a block from the Abasto mall ON Corrientes (whose name I can't recall).

Plenty more to try but so far I've checked out Sipan, Bardot, Pozo Santo, Contigo Peru, Karmela...

Although I'm mostly a ceviche fiend, I do love the sandwiches from El Chalaco, too.

Best pisco sours: hands down, Pozo Santo. Also best ambiance/ quality of service.

Still looking forward to trying a really yummy vegetarian Peruvian dish ... if such thing actually exists?
Been both to Chan Chan and some of the Abasto places and have been incredibly disappointed by the bland tasteless veggie choices :(
Would really like to hear some recommendations, though!

Pozo Santo: We went there shortly after they opened and it was great. However, on two occasions afterwards the food and service were not as good. We have not been back since then, but I agree, the Pisco Sours were great.

Sipan: We had a table for 11 last month, and the food was excellent. Everyone at the table loved the Tacu Tacu dish. The portions are very big and dishes are meant to be shared between 2, prices are good too.

M Buenos Aires: Japanese/Peruvian in San Telmo, beautiful building and decor. Went there last month with friends. Cool ambiance and the food was good.

in the short week tht I have been here - I;ve tried Sipan and my friend and I were ready to run away with the chef! A true gastronomic delight! I intend to go back again and again and again!

I also tried Status.. however , I speak no castellano as yet.. so found it a bit difficult to order, but the recommendation from the waiter was superb... the wines are great too and it is pretty cheap.

and thanks to all those folks above for the other recos- have a new found love for Peruvian cuisine and intend to try all those above mentioned places!!!

I personally like the variety at Osaka. But the service has never been very good and the wait times are pretty ridiculous. I used to go often but the food and service has been getting worse.

Moche is very nice and quaint. It is more about having a great meal with friends or family. The place e is very small, which allows for a much more intimate dining experience.

There is a good one just around the corner of Independencia 572. Sorry I don´t know the address, I go to dance to Independencia 572 and I used to dinner at the place I recommend.

We have already the M Buenos Aires. The service is very superb. From the food, the service and even the employees all are very nice to remember. I am sure that we will be coming back here again.

I went here to celebrate my sis b-day... excelent food, and they're like american meals, the servings are really large!! and good prices!
El Cocoroco

Olazábal 2571Buenos Aires, Argentina
Tel. +54 (011) 4788-6288 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +54 (011) 4788-6288

AlexfromLA said:
I personally like the variety at Osaka. But the service has never been very good and the wait times are pretty ridiculous. I used to go often but the food and service has been getting worse.

Moche is very nice and quaint. It is more about having a great meal with friends or family. The place e is very small, which allows for a much more intimate dining experience.
the good thing about Osaka is that you can order half of what ever, for my bay I always choose arabic food, we aways go to Garbis, but this year we went to Osaka and everyone ordered half of everything... we ate soooo much!! and it was really good food, but you have to call in advance and make a reservation, or you wait in line outdoors for a long time till you get a table :p

The place by Abasto mall is Mamani, on Agüero and Lavalle. Great and abundant food, and good prices. Each dish is probably enough for 2 people.

Back