Pesos On The Plane Info.

Tgore1055

Registered
From what I understand, you can take up to 10k (equivalent to dollars) on the plane..

Has anyone tried this and had issues?

I generally would have no problem but I tried to open a bank account here, and as a permanent resident, I could not unless I provide proof of a job here.....The policies here make me weary about anything.

From what I understand, you can take up to 10k (equivalent to dollars) on the plane..

Has anyone tried this and had issues?

I generally would have no problem but I tried to open a bank account here, and as a permanent resident, I could not unless I provide proof of a job here.....The policies here make me weary about anything.

I have brought in that amount, in dollars, and never been questioned.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]From what I understand, you can take up to 10k (equivalent to dollars) on the plane..[/background]
no problem, either in or out.

Has anyone experienced this traveling as a "family" and transporting over 10,000? My husband (from here) and I (American) want to take a bunch of cash to the US to deposit in my bank acct there but I've read if you're traveling together you're limited to 10,000 together. And I know that you can fill out a form to report that you're bringing more. What happens if you do this? Are you eventually taxed for that money? Thanks!

There are people here in BA that [for a small fee] will wire the funds into your US account. Nice and easy no airline risks etc.

It you carry more than $10 K you must declare it

It you carry more than $10 K you must declare it

Yes, I know you have to declare it but my two questions: 1) Can a family only carry $10,000 together? or each of us can carry $10,000 and 2) What happens if you declare it? Are you taken to a back room and interrogated and later you receive something from the IRS about paying taxes on it?

I am flying home next week , I'll be happy to carry some $$ for you !!

Each adult can carry 10k. Check regulations for kids. They can be allotted a specific amount. Do not declare it if you are worried. If they catch you , the fine is only 50%. As for the IRS , even if you file the form , turn it in to customs , and they search you to be sure that is all you are carrying , by the time the IRS gets the form , if they do at all , you wont hear anything for a while. If you do.........

Then , you can consult with a CPA.

Back