Pizza Update 2022

Is there any place in the US where they make Arg style pizza? Faina? Just curious :) I never had a bad pizza, all pizzas are good, frozen, prepizza, NY style, pan pizza, arg pizza, top quality pizza, low quality pizza, Napoletan pizza, it is just one of those things that it is always good. Hot or even cold for breakfast. But that is just me.

Is there any place in the US where they make Arg style pizza? Faina? Just curious :) I never had a bad pizza, all pizzas are good, frozen, prepizza, NY style, pan pizza, arg pizza, top quality pizza, low quality pizza, Napoletan pizza, it is just one of those things that it is always good. Hot or even cold for breakfast. But that is just me.

There are a very few Argentine restaurants that have pizza- in Miami and NYC, mostly. In Seattle there was one Argentine restaurant, but they served $30 to $50 bifes, not pizzas. I once found an empanada carrito in rural washington state, but most empanadas you find are not very authentic. There are at least a half dozen different types of "american" pizza, and now, many places sell italian style wood fired small very thin pizzas.
Miami has the most Argentines- 20,000 peso pizzas https://www.bancheromiami.com/

I have enjoyed the pizzas at Santos on Maipu and Piola on Libertad. Not a traditional NY style crust but also not a deep dish crust. Baked quickly and I have found it delicious at both places. I found a black crust pizza that was not to my liking but they are popular and I guess have a couple of places. Nuvola Centro.
We like Piola, they have several locations around Latin America, the ones in Bogota and Guayaquil are also excelent.

There are very good pizzerías in Buenos Aires, one of them Guerrín in Av. Corrientes, near the Obelisco.

There are very good pizzerías in Buenos Aires, one of them Guerrín in Av. Corrientes, near the Obelisco.
Personally, I like Guerrin, La Mezzeta, Angelin, Los Cuartetas, El Cuartito, Banchero, and many of the other classic pizzerias of Buenos Aires. But many of the expats on this site dont seem to like traditional Argentine pizza, so this discussion was about more Italian style pizzerias.
(I am quite disappointed with the change of Kentucky to a cadena that is almost US in its terrible mass produced commercial pizza. And I lament the loss of one of my favorite pizzerias, Punto y Banco, to Kentucky, who bought it, closed it, and replaced it with one of the more than 40 locations of Kentucky)

El Palacio de la Pizza, Corrientes 751.

We like Piola, they have several locations around Latin America, the ones in Bogota and Guayaquil are also excelent.
Piola has locations in the USA as well, several in FL and two in Houston. The coolest thing they do is all you can eat gnocchi on the 29th - generally around eight sauces to choose from, under $20.

Back