pregnant in BsAs

Hello everyone, I have been living here in Buenos Aires for about a year now. I have some good friends here but none of them are mothers. I am expecting a baby boy this May and as the due date gets closer I find myself wishing that I knew some other Moms in this city. If anyone out there would like to get together I would love to make some new Mom friends!

malbec said:
The public hospitals don't look good or modern, but they have excellent doctors. A handfull of my friends in BA are doctors and they tell me those who work in public hospitals enjoy the highest reputation among their pairs. That is because they have an infinite experience as they work long hours, nights, holidays and they have to attend anyone (it doesn't matter if they come from a villa or from Barrio Norte)...so, putting it short, they have seen everything and know how to work under stress.
Sure public hospitals are not for everyone, but they are much better than they look like.
You are so right. But most of the airheads here think that private means better. When in fact , in Argentina, the docs that work private are the ones that can't get hired in the public hospitals. I know this sounds reversed from logic but remember where you are.
In the medical profession, the rule of thumb is the more pathology that you see and the more that you treat, the better you become. In the public hospitals the docs see it all and allot of it.

Hi there,

I'm interested laureltp ! I'm due in August and always looking for other mothers/mothers to be for support. :)

Deena

Back