Price of meat will skyrocket

Good opportunity to become a Vegetarian. Argentina has the highest cow meat consumption 47kg/year per person. Ahead of the USA and Australia.

The current rate of inflation is 30% per month or more, running at a Yearly rate of 400 % plus.
Well at this rate prices will almost double in 90 days..! Rentals may spiral at the same rate..! If the blue goes to $2000 pesos we are ok..? lol.

The Argentina's economy is alike a Metaverso where A Secret Uncle was paying for years a large portion of citizens expenses. That stopped , so citizens now should be grateful for Uncle S (IMF) that paid a great chunk of their expenses for years. Now must pay back what's consumed.

Good opportunity to become a Vegetarian. Argentina has the highest cow meat consumption 47kg/year per person. Ahead of the USA and Australia.
An opportunity to reduce health expenditure on coronary heart disease and colon cancer-related treatments perhaps?

I see a nation of turkeys that voted for Christmas. And I’m sad for Argentina. I understand @sts7049 is saying that everyone should have understood what they were voting for, as if that were possible. It wasn’t. Milei and his (questionably saner) advisors advanced and then retracted multiple measures. (@sergio says we should ignore the theatrics, which amounts to picking and choosing which parts of Milei’s “program” one should vote for). All BS. Sorry.

Tell me, which part of an anti corruption platform would remove penalties for employing people off the books (i.e. en negro)? Or remove the anti nepotism laws to allow Milei and his cronies to employ their families and relatives? I saw Sturznegger whinging the other day about how people were complaining about how the DNU has too many articles, well, genius, it’s because it’s a mix of incompetent drafting and pure pork. How on earth does the DNU allow foreign factory ships to fish in Argentinian waters? This is simply amateur hour at the Casa Rosada 🙄. A bunch of ideologs playing with fire at other people’s expense. I do not see this ending well (and if Milei is threatening that things will only be better in 15 years, then he’s failed completely). What a joke.
kinda elitist of you to call Argentina a nation of turkeys. maybe youre just upset because you are one of the caste?

kinda elitist of you to call Argentina a nation of turkeys. maybe youre just upset because you are one of the caste?
As usual, you have no answer, just an ad-hominem attack. What a vacuous response 🙄

This sums up your argument, doesn’t it?

When I use a word [like libertarianism],’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.’

Last edited:

The current rate of inflation is 30% per month or more, running at a Yearly rate of 400 % plus.
Well at this rate prices will almost double in 90 days..! Rentals may spiral at the same rate..! If the blue goes to $2000 pesos we are ok..? lol.

The Argentina's economy is alike a Metaverso where A Secret Uncle was paying for years a large portion of citizens expenses. That stopped , so citizens now should be grateful for Uncle S (IMF) that paid a great chunk of their expenses for years. Now must pay back what's consumed.
We just finished watching “You are what you eat” on Netflix. It’s quite US-centric but still quite thought provoking, as was the “Secrets of the blue zones”.

I’ve previously posted that I arrived in Argentina in 2017 and I have a reasonably normal job here. And now you say I’m one of the caste? “Stupid” doesn’t even begin to describe your shitposting here 🙄

I’ve previously posted that I arrived in Argentina in 2017 and I have a reasonably normal job here. And now you say I’m one of the caste? “Stupid” doesn’t even begin to describe your shitposting here 🙄
You guys have lost it...

Good one, Rich One! Your post was so confusing that both Frank and antipodean gave it a thumbs up!

We just finished watching “You are what you eat” on Netflix. It’s quite US-centric but still quite thought provoking, as was the “Secrets of the blue zones”.
Maybe a few more posts like this would be healthy right now. We're not going to convince each other to switch sides. I don't know if I'm right, but nobody on the other side has convinced me to switch. If anything, perhaps the opposite. And I imagine you on the other side are probably feeling the same. Everybody is digging in.

People here (on the site) are really hot right now. Maybe a little Netflix (or other activity tranquila) and a little less politics are in order. We're not going to change Argentina.

It's been noisy here tonight in San Telmo. Lots of people en la esquina, drinking and singing and shouting and celebrating -- what, I don't know. Most of them are probably a lot poorer than they were a month ago, but they all seem to be enjoying themselves. Probably a lot more than the likes of us.

Back