Price of meat will skyrocket

Maybe a few more posts like this would be healthy right now. We're not going to convince each other to switch sides. I don't know if I'm right, but nobody on the other side has convinced me to switch. If anything, perhaps the opposite. And I imagine you on the other side are probably feeling the same. Everybody is digging in.

People here (on the site) are really hot right now. Maybe a little Netflix (or other activity tranquila) and a little less politics are in order. We're not going to change Argentina.

It's been noisy here tonight in San Telmo. Lots of people en la esquina, drinking and singing and shouting and celebrating -- what, I don't know. Most of them are probably a lot poorer than they were a month ago, but they all seem to be enjoying themselves. Probably a lot more than the likes of us.
Turbulent times ahead, without doubt. While almost everyone here has some advantage regular Argentinian doesn't have, we all can lose something dear to us. Some have families to worry about, some earn in pesos, some like lifestyle they managed to establish here, some might have new opportunities around the corner, but don't know if it'll turn out right.. For sure everyone is concerned of civil unrest and soaring crime that might come soon.

So while political discussion is just this, simple discussion between people with different backgrounds and views, it is spiced up a bit with a real threat we are all aware of. So while I might digg in on some points, I let myself convince on some others by "opposition". I see smart and experienced people here, and just because on some stuff we'll never agree on, there is no reason I wouldn't respect their opinions and see wisdom in their words even if I don't agree with them entirely.

I see it important to discuss all kind of things here, because one might get heads up on what is coming in future months. Sharing experiences and views, especially different ones, is never time thrown away. I might not agree (yet), but for sure I know something more, because you disagree with me.

As usual, you have no answer, just an ad-hominem attack. What a vacuous response 🙄

This sums up your argument, doesn’t it?

When I use a word [like libertarianism],’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.’

you didn't ask me a question. i stated my point already, to which your response was "no" and called milei voters a nation of turkeys who seem to be too stupid to think. but you know, maybe you are right. they did after all vote for peronism/kirchnerism for decades while the country burned around them.

Here's just one example of food prices in Miami-Ft Lauderdale area from Winn-Dixie supermarkets (BOGO means buy 1 get 1 free). The Publix ad pic I took cane out poorly and is hard to read so I'll take another shot. This pic seems cloudy, too.

Attachments

• 06F26A4C-F40A-460C-8119-31B494CED099.jpeg
    06F26A4C-F40A-460C-8119-31B494CED099.jpeg
    576.1 KB · Views: 20
Here's just one example of food prices in Miami-Ft Lauderdale area from Winn-Dixie supermarkets (BOGO means buy 1 get 1 free). The Publix ad pic I took cane out poorly and is hard to read so I'll take another shot. This pic seems cloudy, too.

Thanks, come March prices here will be higher..?

Those prices look a lot better than I expected.

Some of these prices are lower than Argentina three or four months ago… 450 grams of frozen shrimp for $5!?

I long since cut out buying frozen shrimp because I refuse to pay $8 (blue, at the time) or more for 250grams of over frozen crustaceans that shrink like a micro willy on a cold day the second they are exposed to heat.

Again, I ask the Mileistas and Milei apologists amongst us to please show me where the caste has started paying for the adjustment. I can rattle off about 10 ways the poor and working poor are, but I've yet to see a single concrete way in which the caste itself has started paying,
Private health care is suppose to increase around 89% in the first two months of 2024.

Some of these prices are lower than Argentina three or four months ago… 450 grams of frozen shrimp for $5!?

I long since cut out buying frozen shrimp because I refuse to pay $8 (blue, at the time) or more for 250grams of over frozen crustaceans that shrink like a micro willy on a cold day the second they are exposed to heat.
You ever shop at Winn Dixie? It’s pretty crappy stuff. And when you look at the ad you are getting their loss leaders. Anybody thinks they are buying groceries in the states cheap is dreaming on a Sunday.

Back