Punta Del Este As Exclusive Seaside Resort

Argentines doesn t know that Chile exists even chileans are obsesed with Argentina.
Argentines are not welcome in Chile.
Educated argentines move to NYC. Chile sucks.
Deep. deep sigh... this caricature in a few sentences is so typical of Argentines. You summarize my countless years of experience with your unexplainable Argentine mentality vis-a-vis Chile and Chileans. Like it or not, at least Chile knows how to get basic governance issues right, while the drama queen at the banks of the River Plate keeps drowning herself in her chaotic arrogance.

And then I am not even talking yet about the countless racists (don´t worry, this time I am not referring to you or any people on this forum) who like to see themselves as the South American department of the Aryan Master Race and complain about Jews and negros de mierda all day.

I just cannot understand, why can´t you just be brothers, where does this eternal contempt come from? I was taught to hate Turks by my mother´s family but I have eventually come to understand the positive sides of their country. Being humble is always a good strategy in life. Some Argentines are absolutely incapable of that when it comes to other countries on their own continent.

I still think that Argentina remains a weird European/Latin American hybrid country, but what makes it so hard to not only appreciate success in Europe, but also geographically closer to home?

That's cause a lot haven't yet realised its up and passed them economically, politically and socially!

Argentines aren't welcome anywhere in Latin America :p

Bajo young argentines are going there there for more opportunities, just as they are going to other countries. You should see the argentines in Australia fb pages they are exploding with immigrants and I assume its the same for USA, Canada etc!!
So... I don´t really know anything about Australia, is there a lot of immigration from Latin American countries in general? What often surprises me about many countries in Europe is the relative lack of immigrants from that continent when compared to other regions. Even in Spain, I think the numbers are relatively modest, and some people are now going back.

Uruguays coasts has always been better than Argentines coasts. The Rio de la Plata brings to argentine coasts sediment, dirt, the water has a brown color, rough sea. On the contrary, Uruguayan waters are more cleaner, more blue coloured, more cuter, thats why a lot of argentine people choose uruguay (not Punta) every year.

probably you ll find your answer with this.

Is it fair to say that if you had to rank the coasts from the worst to the best, the Argentine coast (inc. Mar del Plata) is the worst, the Uruguayan coast is better, and the southern Brazilian coast (e.g. Floripa) is even better than the other two?

I go to small cities of Chile and Brazil very often for work and I see more poverty and desperation there, than in those picture posted above of Argentine poverty.

That's cause a lot haven't yet realised its up and passed them economically, politically and socially!

Argentines aren't welcome anywhere in Latin America :p

Bajo young argentines are going there there for more opportunities, just as they are going to other countries. You should see the argentines in Australia fb pages they are exploding with immigrants and I assume its the same for USA, Canada etc!!

But not Chile, as usual, you are off topic. As far as I know Argentines are comming back. They were emigrating during 2001. There are always people travelling abroad for a couple of years, that is normal in mediun class and up. I moved to NYC and I returned. There are more opportunities and work here.

Really, they have a huge hate against argentinians product of the brainwashing of the regime there. My family from my father[s side is from chile so I know it very well, I lived tive there for a year.

It is easy to administrate a small country. The small provinces in Argentina are very well too. The problem is Buenos Aires and its 14.000.000 inhabitants.And to inherit a 180 billion debt doesn t help neither. We can also add that they (Videla and Menem) destroyed the industry, one of the sources of income to pay the debt.

If you like it so much, just move to chile.

Deep. deep sigh... this caricature in a few sentences is so typical of Argentines. You summarize my countless years of experience with your unexplainable Argentine mentality vis-a-vis Chile and Chileans.

Rubilar is as chilean as Smith English. My father is from Temuco. I also went to school there, so I know some about the real Chile and how the brainwashing is.

Like it or not, at least Chile knows how to get basic governance issues right, while the drama queen at the banks of the River Plate keeps drowning herself in her chaotic arrogance.

Well, move to Chile if you love it so much. I don t like police state countries to live which society is like Argentina 30 years ago.

And then I am not even talking yet about the countless racists (don´t worry, this time I am not referring to you or any people on this forum) who like to see themselves as the South American department of the Aryan Master Race and complain about Jews and negros de mierda all day..

I didn t understand this. I guess that you are suggesting that I have issues with chileans like Xenophobia. Sure, You are right! Every Saturday when I call my dad I say "How are you fuc...ng chilean"...no comments.

I just cannot understand, why can´t you just be brothers, where does this eternal contempt come from? I was taught to hate Turks by my mother´s family but I have eventually come to understand the positive sides of their country. Being humble is always a good strategy in life. Some Argentines are absolutely incapable of that when it comes to other countries on their own continent.

Are chileans who have issues, Argentinean don t even care about it.
If you are asking for a serious answer, there problem began during the 70´s. First there were many guerrilleros argentinos in Chile so the Chilean military hate them. Later the dictators in Argentina almost went to war with them a couple of times.

So... I don´t really know anything about Australia, is there a lot of immigration from Latin American countries in general? What often surprises me about many countries in Europe is the relative lack of immigrants from that continent when compared to other regions. Even in Spain, I think the numbers are relatively modest, and some people are now going back.

No, the number of Latin American immigrants is not modest in Spain. As of March 2013:

Extranjeros con certificado de registro o tarjeta de residencia en vigor, principales nacionalidades:

3. Ecuador: 391,202
4. Colombia: 271,097
9. Bolivia: 159,103
10. Perú: 139,911
14. Rep. Dominicana: 99,440
15. Argentina: 93,688

The number of retornos is increasing, though, that is true. But not to the extent one would think, yet. Source (the Spanish government publishes all this information online regularly): http://extranjeros.empleo.gob.es/es/Estadisticas/operaciones/con-certificado/201303/Residentes_Principales_Resultados_31032013.pdf

Is it fair to say that if you had to rank the coasts from the worst to the best, the Argentine coast (inc. Mar del Plata) is the worst, the Uruguayan coast is better, and the southern Brazilian coast (e.g. Floripa) is even better than the other two?

I only been to the Floripa area, twice, so I dont know the Rio or Sao Paulo area, I heard beaches are great there.

From what I ve seen, I prefer Uruguay. Brazilian beaches have this "morro" thing, its like little bays sorrounded by little mountains, the trees are also different, the water temperature is hotter, which i dont like... in Brazil you dont have kilometers and kilometers of deserted beaches, that you can see getting lost in the horizon. Plus, the rodoviarias are much more dangerous, with a lot of traffic, trucks, ups and downs...

I prefer Uruguay from what I ve seen of Brazil. But I can also say theres a HUGE difference between Brazilian and Argentine beaches.

in Brazil you dont have kilometers and kilometers of deserted beaches, that you can see getting lost in the horizon. Plus, the rodoviarias are much more dangerous, with a lot of traffic, trucks, ups and downs...

It is a very long coast line. Almost 8,000 KM of it to be exact, and it changes a lot as you move further north. The hills surrounding the beaches that you are describing are typical of the Southeast area of Brazil. The Northeast is very different, much more flat, and you can find MANY deserted beaches that stretch until the horizon. But yes,if you do not like warmer water, it is not for you.

Back