Questions About Citizenship Process In Argentina

Thanks for info steve - much appreciated. Can you confirm which category of tramite I need to apply for a turno when going for permanant residency via child born here to Argentine parent?

My best guess is PRORROGA DE RESIDENCIA but I am not 100% certain.

When I applied for residency in 2006 there were no turnos given on line. You just went to the central office with your papers, took a number, and waited until your number was called. I asked for the visa rentista but I received the visa pensionado. I didn't actually know that until the third renewal, when I asked for the cambio de categoria from temporary to permanent.

Thanks Steve - I will give them a call. Final question - any rough price guides people have paid for translation/legalisation of passport and police certificate recently?

You might find the most recent amounts others have paid for translations if you use the advance search,

Check your passport. If it has words in Spanish for name (nombre), place and date of birth, it doesn't have to be translated.

You do not need to renew your DNI for getting citizenship.

However, you should avoid getting a deportation order and, if you receive one, appeal it.

To avoid immigration is a good way to avoid a deportation orden.

Regarding the honest way of living, working under the table is Ok but you can try to open a mono tributo account with the expired DNI without telling them "can I open monotributo with the expired id?".

Evidence depends on the facts.

Cordoba has bad first instance judges but the best chamber in the country but you need a lawyer for taking advantage of that.

Leaving the country is a bad idea.

How advance is your case?

if you send me by PM your case number I can give you an idea of where are you (I´m a pro).

Regards

Can I get a final answer on how long certificate de penales and domicilio are valid for when applying for residency - I can't find one answer.... It says it depends where you are going to use it? 2nd Question - do I have to do turno in my local migraciones or can I travel to Buenos Aires and do it - there is a 1 month wait in my state migraciones.

Can I get a final answer on how long certificate de penales and domicilio are valid for when applying for residency - I can't find one answer.... It says it depends where you are going to use it? 2nd Question - do I have to do turno in my local migraciones or can I travel to Buenos Aires and do it - there is a 1 month wait in my state migraciones.

I think you have to do it in Migraciones closest to your palce of residence . When you go on the Migraciones web site and you fill in your details , I think they automatically assign you to the cloeses one.

This is my recollection but I could be wrong.

I think you have to do it in Migraciones closest to your palce of residence . When you go on the Migraciones web site and you fill in your details , I think they automatically assign you to the cloeses one.

This is my recollection but I could be wrong.
Which happens to have a 1 month wait - I just did all my papers and can't get a straight answer on how long they are valid for...

Back