Questions About Trip To Iguazu

The best advice for anyone headed to Iguazú is to visit Iberá instead.
I'm headed to Iguazu on Sunday. If I rent a car, could I get a feel for Iberá on a (long) day trip? Hard to find specific information.

Thanks, Tom

I'm headed to Iguazu on Sunday. If I rent a car, could I get a feel for Iberá on a (long) day trip? Hard to find specific information.

Thanks, Tom

Impossible as a day trip from Iguazú, and I would not recommend approaching from the east in any event. Once I drove from the east and had great difficulty even with 4WD. Best access is from the town of Mercedes, on the west side of the marshes, with an all-weather road.

Sorry if this response is late, but Iberá deserves a visit all its own.

Impossible as a day trip from Iguazú, and I would not recommend approaching from the east in any event. Once I drove from the east and had great difficulty even with 4WD. Best access is from the town of Mercedes, on the west side of the marshes, with an all-weather road.

Thanks. I'll go next time.

For people who are going to the Brazilian side of the Falls. There is one thing we learned while there two years ago. By luck we left the Falls to head for the return bus. The last one leaves at 7pm -- it was close to 7pm when we were looking for that bus. By luck we got there in time. We had figured buses would run much later as several people were still there plus it was still bright light outside too. Keep it in mind for your travels there. At least inquire as circumstances might have changed in the last two years.

We were a group and hired a remises at the airport for the whole staying (4 days). It was very cheap and quick.
We went to the Brazilian side on day 1 (half a day), to Paraguay and Parque das Aves in Brazil on day 2, to the Argentinian side on day 3 (whole day).

The Argentinian side is about 2 times longer than the Brazilian one, and it is exhausting if done in one day. If you have children or elder people in your group, I strongly discourage to do it in one day only.

I think we spent around 5000 ARS a day for the remises, but - again - we shared the cost and it was convenient.

We hired a remise as well. We came and went at our own pace and times. No worries , and the price was fair. At border , never received stamps in passport , but did not need them.

We hired a remise as well. We came and went at our own pace and times. No worries , and the price was fair. At border , never received stamps in passport , but did not need them.

It depends on your nationality. If you're a US citizen, you might be able cross the border here without a visa but, if you do so, you might find yourself in mierda profunda if the Brazilians figure it out. If you have Argentine residence, you're probably OK.

Don't forget to make a shopping trip to Ciudad del Este!

Ajoknoblauch -- we're planning a visit to Ibera at the end of July -- not exactly prime Dorado fishing time but wondering if you can offer any info about a visit at that time? We're thinking to take about 10 days, up to Iguazu/Misiones then back down to Ibera. Would love to hear more about your trip there. Cheers

Ajoknoblauch -- we're planning a visit to Ibera at the end of July -- not exactly prime Dorado fishing time but wondering if you can offer any info about a visit at that time? We're thinking to take about 10 days, up to Iguazu/Misiones then back down to Ibera. Would love to hear more about your trip there. Cheers
We would like to hear also, thinking about making the same trip next year.
Thanks
Nancy

Back