Questions About Trip To Iguazu

Ajoknoblauch -- we're planning a visit to Ibera at the end of July -- not exactly prime Dorado fishing time but wondering if you can offer any info about a visit at that time? We're thinking to take about 10 days, up to Iguazu/Misiones then back down to Ibera. Would love to hear more about your trip there. Cheers

I have been to Iberá (Colonia Pellegrini side) at least half a dozen times. You can start by going to http://southernconeguidebooks.blogspot.com/search/label/Esteros%20del%20Iber%C3%A1 and feel free to send me a private message but preferably an email (my address is on the site).

My goal is to read a good long book to test out my new iPad Air whilst attempting to go cold turkey on my Fugazzeta habit.

Atlas Shrugged will occupy about 1/16" on the extreme far right side of the iPad screen. Should you prefer realism, insight and readable prose to turgid fantasy, I suggest The Grapes of Wrath (which fills the whole screen eloquently).

It depends on your nationality. If you're a US citizen, you might be able cross the border here without a visa but, if you do so, you might find yourself in mierda profunda if the Brazilians figure it out. If you have Argentine residence, you're probably OK.

US citizen with both Arg and Bra visas AND Arg perm residency .

We hired a remise as well. We came and went at our own pace and times. No worries , and the price was fair. At border , never received stamps in passport , but did not need them.

I have an Italian passport and it was stamped only at the Argentinian border every time. At the Brazilian border they checked my passport but did not stamp it. At the Paraguay border.... We'll, was there a border?!

My travel companions all used their Argentinian IDs.

Isadora - that is totally normal . The Argentine migrations will stamp your passport on leaving and on arriving . The Brazillains will say Bondia and wave you on and The Paraguayans will be watchinga soccer game on TV.

If you plan to leave Paraguay and/or Brazil from a city that is different from where you entered the country , you must get your passport stamped on entry otherwise you will be fined when you leave.

I arrive in BA in mid November for 3 months and would like to go to the Falls. I would fly. Is there a tour group that could plan the trip from there? I would like to fly early one day, see one side, then do the other side another day, then fly home the next day. I can go anytime between end of November and early February. Thanks for the help.

Back