Racism Towards People From The States?

Today we all have the benefit of hindsight. But how fair is it to base criticism on hindsight?

Bob

I am also a US Citizen and a tax payer. I was in the US both during 9/11 and the invasion of Iraq that followed. Sources that were pointing to the false pretenses of the war were plenty, from Ron Paul on the right to Noam Chomsky on the left. All one had to do was look for it. But anyone who raised questions was called a "terrorist appeaser" or worst. I know because I was called that many times, and even told to "go back to where the hell I came from" if I did not agree with the war drums. The reality is that America at the time did not want to hear a different narrative. The world was simple: We were the good guys and the a-rabs were the bad guys. Bomb the shit out of them, no ifs, ands or buts. You were either with us or against us.
And that sad truth is that that has not changed much.

Adam Kokesh is a former US Marine veteran who fought in Iraq. He has become one of the more vocal veterans against US involvement in the middle east. In this video he recorded with people after they watched American Sniper, he cleverly uses the socratic method with his audience who demonstrate who brainwashed Americans are about this whole war narrative. If you can watch it. It gets really good after the first few minutes.

I am also a US Citizen and a tax payer. I was in the US both during 9/11 and the invasion of Iraq that followed. Sources that were pointing to the false pretenses of the war were plenty, from Ron Paul on the right to Noam Chomsky on the left. All one had to do was look for it. But anyone who raised questions was called a "terrorist appeaser" or worst. I know because I was called that many times, and even told to "go back to where the hell I came from" if I did not agree with the war drums. The reality is that America at the time did not want to hear a different narrative. The world was simple: We were the good guys and the a-rabs were the bad guys. Bomb the shit out of them, no ifs, ands or buts. You were either with us or against us.

Adam Kokesh is a former US Marine veteran who fought in Iraq. He has become one of the more vocal veterans against US involvement in the middle east. In this video he recorded with people after they watched American Sniper, he cleverly uses the socratic method with his audience who demonstrate who brainwashed Americans are about this whole war narrative. If you can watch it. It gets really good after the first few minutes.

Perhaps the most eloquent skeptic was http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/article/lessons-learned-iraq-invasion-0

Serafina, Thank you so much for such a comprehensive response so well researched...!

Italian restos here sell the food the customers want to eat even if the owners come from Sicily. My point was that the immigrants not only bring the food but their way of doing business like the Chinese here, didn't bring only the Food.

The Regional origin of the last names doesn't mean people originality form the North may have moved to the south and have those last names.

That's so true! Also, they might have learned their bad manners here by other fellow immigrants from the motherland. ;)

Some behaviors are very hard to die, for example, here like in Italy, everybody steal something unattended. It can be a dog shelter on the street for the homeless dogs, or a handle on a public school bathroom door, or littering. In general, the attitude is "I don't care about what happens outside my home". That is a common trait I have noticed between Italian and Argentinians. And in general, everything goes unpunished in both countries, which also foster this kind of attitude.

Anybody watched Zeitgeist?

Btw, I think the Bush family is worse than Hitler and Mussolini together.

Bush is a symptom. Every politician is a symptom of a society.
And in terms of warmongering, Obama is no better.

That's very silly statement considering Hitler was responsible for over 11 Million deaths, and Mussolini, an ally of Hitler, was "only" responsible for a few hundred thousand deaths. How many non-combatants would you lay at the feet of the Bush family?

That's very silly statement considering Hitler was responsible for over 11 Million deaths, and Mussolini, an ally of Hitler, was "only" responsible for a few hundred thousand deaths. How many non-combatants would you lay at the feet of the Bush family?

Still, you can be grotesquely bad without matching Hitler and Mussolini, and the Bushies meet that standard.

US capitalism and US campaign-wars make thousands of silent deaths all over the world. They are just more scattered, more poor and less sensational than those of WWII. I am not sure if the count already adds up to 11 millions, as it is very hard to tackle the consequences of those actions. But it has been going on for a long time and there is no sign of intention to stop it.
Capitalism needs the resources of poorer countries, and they are going to take them, no matter what.
The Bush family started and stirred up the war on terror, which affected the lives of all of us. It was just a pretest to take the Middle East oil for less. But the same went on for Venezuela, etc.

Capitalism drives habits and consumption of goods in the States, and it doesn't like they are facing a bright future, health-wise and environimentally-wise. It surprises me a lot to know that on many subjects, the US laws and regulations in place are either more permissive or opposite to those of other western powers, such as Canada or the EU.

https://en.wikipedia...conomic_Hit_Man

Capitalism doesn't drive the United States to affect other countries. Greed and a huge concentration of power, and even sometimes an idiotic desire to try to solve all the world's problems in their own image, do. Capitalism is like any other tool - it's all about what the people who run the country do with it.

Back