Racism Towards People From The States?

Yah, but what country would you name as the first world power as far as this goes?

Of course it is not the US per se, that's where money is at in 2015.

I'm going to choose to pity you for being stupid rather than to be revolted by that disgusting statement you just made.

Considering that Bush started a blatant war of aggression in clear violation of international law under false (and very flimsy) pretenses, and considering that this war killed over 170 thousand civilians directly, hundreds of thousands more due to hunger and poverty and displaced several millions of people, I don;t think her comment is nuts or out there.

Do I think Bush killed as many people as Hitler? Of course not. Would he had if he felt he needed to? I think he would. Any leader who thinks torture is OK, is a ruthless leader who clearly believes that the end justifies the means. The difference between these types of leaders an a Hitler is just opportunity.

In regards of Capitalism: It is the greatest single transformational force for good ever devised by humans. What Bush did has nothing to do with Capitalism. That is corporatism.

ourworldindata_world-poverty-since-1820-in-absolute-numbers.png

I am not from the US, but Argentines often mistake me as such, and I have noticed they have sort of bitter feelings, if not plain racism, against people from there.

Aren't many of the Argentinians and most North Americans from the same race?

... an idiotic desire to try to solve all the world's problems in their own image, do. [affect other countries]

I cant believe what I read. You are being very cynical, or extremely innocent, as someone said the other day.

You really and truly believe that what the US has been doing abroad, from Iraq and Afghanistan to Viet Nam, from the dictatorships with desaparecidos in every Latin American country to the Washington Consensus, is "try to solve their problems"?

Considering that Bush started a blatant war of aggression in clear violation of international law under false (and very flimsy) pretenses, and considering that this war killed over 170 thousand civilians directly, hundreds of thousands more due to hunger and poverty and displaced several millions of people, I don;t think her comment is nuts or out there.

Do I think Bush killed as many people as Hitler? Of course not. Would he had if he felt he needed to? I think he would. Any leader who thinks torture is OK, is a ruthless leader who clearly believes that the end justifies the means. The difference between these types of leaders an a Hitler is just opportunity.

In regards of Capitalism: It is the greatest single transformational force for good ever devised by humans. What Bush did has nothing to do with Capitalism. That is corporatism.

ourworldindata_world-poverty-since-1820-in-absolute-numbers.png

Interesting chart. You can see, that the real decrease of poverty is from the 2000s on, curiosuly when the capitalism as known as neoliberalismo start to decline and a new capitalism, the Chinas kind, with a strong presence of the State, begins. In the last 15 years, when the US has lost a lot of influence in world economy, people got out of poverty. Lots of asians, started to belong to middle class, that because their countries has been industrialised, and because they have not so free market policies. The same with Latin America, gobiernos progresistas or lefties, from Bolivia, Ecuador, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Venezuela.

Interesting chart. You can see, that the real decrease of poverty is from the 2000s on, curiosuly when the capitalism as known as neoliberalismo start to decline and a new capitalism, the Chinas kind, with a strong presence of the State, begins. In the last 15 years, when the US has lost a lot of influence in world economy, people got out of poverty. Lots of asians, started to belong to middle class, that because their countries has been industrialised, and because they have not so free market policies. The same with Latin America, gobiernos progresistas or lefties, from Bolivia, Ecuador, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Venezuela.

Given your history of non-sense posts, I was close to believing you are serious. But mentioning Venezuela as a success, I realized even you can't be so brainwashed (at least I hope...)

I cant believe what I read. You are being very cynical, or extremely innocent, as someone said the other day.

You really and truly believe that what the US has been doing abroad, from Iraq and Afghanistan to Viet Nam, from the dictatorships with desaparecidos in every Latin American country to the Washington Consensus, is "try to solve their problems"?

You either take your queue from Cristina quite well, or you truly are incapable of believing what you read (or refuse to read what you see).

Shall we try quoting everything I said in that sentence?

Greed and a huge concentration of power, and even sometimes an idiotic desire to try to solve all the world's problems in their own image, do.

Emphasis and italics are added by me in my rebuttal to your childish attempt to make what I wrote look "innocent" (or "cynical", which doesn't compute at all to me even with your attempt to change what I said).

Selective quoting to prove some kind of bizarre point? Good job Matias. No matter how you twist it, the US is not responsible for Argentina's current condition. People like you are. The US has caused greater problems in other parts of the world than here in Argentina. Pull your head out and take a deep breath and try to think every once in awhile.

BTW - I don't mind taking comments like yours from people who have an honest disagreement with what I've said. The kind of crap you pulled kind of ticks me off. And if you'd actually read what I wrote and what I've written previously I think you'd know better, but instead you show your absolute lack of reading and comprehension - and lack of accurate memory recall apparently.

Just so you know, the part of the sentence that I bolded in my own quote was the prime point I was making (that's why I put it in the front of the sentence where it would make the most impact to someone actually reading it) and the italicized portion is meant to indicate either excuses, or the relatively small number of people, or small amount of the reasons in some people, involved in the decision making process of the US government. If you think everything in this world is in black and white - well, it explains a whole lot.

And really, I'd rather be considered "innocent", just so you know, than a blathering idiot.

You either take your queue from Cristina quite well, or you truly are incapable of believing what you read (or refuse to read what you see).

Shall we try quoting everything I said in that sentence?

Emphasis and italics are added by me in my rebuttal to your childish attempt to make what I wrote look "innocent" (or "cynical", which doesn't compute at all to me even with your attempt to change what I said).

Selective quoting to prove some kind of bizarre point? Good job Matias. No matter how you twist it, the US is not responsible for Argentina's current condition. People like you are. The US has caused greater problems in other parts of the world than here in Argentina. Pull your head out and take a deep breath and try to think every once in awhile.

BTW - I don't mind taking comments like yours from people who have an honest disagreement with what I've said. The kind of crap you pulled kind of ticks me off. And if you'd actually read what I wrote and what I've written previously I think you'd know better, but instead you show your absolute lack of reading and comprehension - and lack of accurate memory recall apparently.

Just so you know, the part of the sentence that I bolded in my own quote was the prime point I was making (that's why I put it in the front of the sentence where it would make the most impact to someone actually reading it) and the italicized portion is meant to indicate either excuses, or the relatively small number of people, or small amount of the reasons in some people, involved in the decision making process of the US government. If you think everything in this world is in black and white - well, it explains a whole lot.

And really, I'd rather be considered "innocent", just so you know, than a blathering idiot.

Yes, I admitt it, Im an idiot. Totally 100% idiot.

So idiot, that do not understand what you say or said. Please, explain me, if you wish, with details, enlighten me, teach me, what the hell you meant by: "an idiotic desire to try to solve all the world's problems in their own image"

Back