Racism Towards People From The States?

I say I am from Russia and it eliminates lots of tension. My colleagues become nervous when we get an American client and they immediately assign me to deal with him (her). It's not a discrimination, it's the sense of inferiority. sorry, the Argentinian expats who read this topic.

Statements such as:

-Argentina is white.
-Argentina is an European nation in South America.
-Argentina has 5 nobel prizes.
-Argentina's laws are the cornerstone of the Constitutions in Latin Amerca.
-Argentina has a higher standard of living than Chile.
-Argentina is not a Latin/Hispanic country.

Are all examples of a deep seeded, massive, festering, inferiority complex.

> hmmm....ah!!....They go home and turn on their lights because the English invented electricity.
So ungrateful.
;)
I did not know that G*d was English.

No God is Argentine, didnt you know?

I should say the English were the first to name electricity and use it in its present form, before it was just random lighting bolts and electric eels. And i said it with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Statements such as:

-Argentina is white.
-Argentina is an European nation in South America.
-Argentina has 5 nobel prizes.
-Argentina's laws are the cornerstone of the Constitutions in Latin Amerca.
-Argentina has a higher standard of living than Chile.
-Argentina is not a Latin/Hispanic country.

Are all examples of a deep seeded, massive, festering, inferiority complex.

can you explain HOW saying "Argentina has 5 Nobel prizes", which BTW is true, is an example of inferiority complex?

can you explain HOW saying "Argentina has 5 Nobel prizes", which BTW is true, is an example of inferiority complex?

Because no one gives a shit, except you. Nobody counts how many nobel prizes nation X has, except those who are so insecure about themselves, that they put it out there thinking it means something.

Nobody counts how many nobel prizes nation X has,

I do not agree. To small/medium and poor countries like Latin Americans, to win a Nobel Prize is quite an event, and the country will be proud of it for looooong time. It happened with Garcia Marquez, with Vargas Llosa, with Neruda, to name the most known.

They become a celebrity, they become a real reason to be proud, a reason of nationalism. Lots of countries are proud of their Nobel Prizes, like to a national cause, and I dont see any inferiority complex there.

Because no one gives a shit, except you. Nobody counts how many nobel prizes nation X has, except those who are so insecure about themselves, that they put it out there thinking it means something.

Once again Matias is praising the mediocrity of Argentina. Here's a little list showing just how mediocre Argentina is in terms of Nobel Prizes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Nobel_laureates_per_capita

In terms of per capita Nobel Prizes, Argentina is average. Just BELOW Guatemala. Only slightly above Chile.

Matias, do you wear big shoes and a red nose when you write your posts?

Once again Matias is praising the mediocrity of Argentina. Here's a little list showing just how mediocre Argentina is in terms of Nobel Prizes:

https://en.wikipedia...ates_per_capita

In terms of per capita Nobel Prizes, Argentina is average. Just BELOW Guatemala. Only slightly above Chile.

Matias, do you wear big shoes and a red nose when you write your posts?

And even that metric is meaningless. In terms of nobels per capital, Argentina is ahead of South Korea, India, Ukraine and China.
Does anyone here thinks Argentina is in any way more relevant in terms of science and research than the countries listed above and their universities?

And even that metric is meaningless. In terms of nobels per capital, Argentina is ahead of South Korea, India, Ukraine and China.
Does anyone here thinks Argentina is in any way more relevant in terms of science and research than the countries listed above and their universities?

Of course it's meaningless. But even when making meaningless arguments, Matias can't come up with anything more than average.

I dont.

Back