Re-entering as a tourist after Temporary Residence

Thanks Bajo. I plan to travel to Europe for a few weeks not Uruguay. Legally, is there a problem if I leave when/before my residency expires and come back in 3-4 weeks re-entering as a tourist for 90 days? I am aware that the emigration officer technically has the right to refuse entry in ANY situation BUT in practice as long as one avoids a situation/scenario that has been established as "a red flag" it should be okay. I guess the real question is, can one re-enter under different category short after temp residency has expired?

Can I be abroad for a couple of months as the citizenship process is with Tribunales or do I need to stay in Argentina even as a turisa until the court comes up with a decision?
Cheers!

You didn’t get it.
you must triangulate your trip with Uruguay to come back because to be deported to Uruguay is not a big deal.
You can travel, no problem.

No. Legal residency and DNI are two different things.

Are you saying that the OP’s temporary residency does not require annual renewal, at which time the renewed DNI for the temporary term of residency is issued? If you are, I’d say you are incorrect. I have actual experience with being a temporary resident who had to provide my updated required forms and bank statements each year in order to renew my temporary resident status and receive my DNI. The expiration date of my DNI coincided with the required renewal deadline for my temporary residency status.

Your message is totally unclear , don't bother...!

The website try to describe the citizenship application but the use the word nationality that in our legal system means permanent residency which requirements are completely different.
So, please do not quote official websites of the Executive Power because Citizenship is granted by the Federal Judicial Power.

Are you saying that the OP’s temporary residency does not require annual renewal, at which time the renewed DNI for the temporary term of residency is issued? If you are, I’d say you are incorrect. I have actual experience with being a temporary resident who had to provide my updated required forms and bank statements each year in order to renew my temporary resident status and receive my DNI. The expiration date of my DNI coincided with the required renewal deadline for my temporary residency status.
This is because, with my all respect, you didn’t read the law of DNI that is not the same than the immigration law.
What makes a mess is the fact that the immigration law is so unconstitutional.

The website try to describe the citizenship application but the use the word nationality that in our legal system means permanent residency which requirements are completely different.
So, please do not quote official websites of the Executive Power because Citizenship is granted by the Federal Judicial Power.

The Government Website is wrong plus they confuse Nacionalidad with Residencia Permanente... !

Statement:
( En el sistema legal Argentino Nacionalidad significa Residencia Permanente ?)

My temporary residence of one year expires in mid-December. Not sure if I care (or can for that matter) renew it. If I travel home for the holidays and and try to re-enter in January (for 90 days) would I have issues? Since I will entering under a different category my guess is 'no' (last time I was 'turista' was back in 2018), but wonder if my logic makes sense. I don't intent to do visa runs beyond those 90 days.

I've done that, I made sure I had an onward flight (though that was more for the airline than for immigration). I didn't have any problems at immigration here in Ezeiza.

Bajo,

What is the benefit of having Citizenship there vs. just permanent resident? I can't think of any benefits besides being able to get an Argentine passport. Are there? Thanks in advance.

What is the benefit of having Citizenship there vs. just permanent resident? I can't think of any benefits besides being able to get an Argentine passport. Are there?

Back