Real Estate Prices In Usd And Ars - Help

Thanks, Ries, for your detailed post.
I am currently thinking to invest some money in real estate to have a further income that doesn't depend on my health or working hours. Earlier this year I surveyed Orlando, FL, and from my findings there are cheap houses who could turn into a steady income almost anywhere in Florida.
Of course, I am not looking to live solely on that money, but I'd do it for my own pace of mind, as well as an investment for the future.

I have no connections in the US about this kind of investment and I am basing my thoughts solely on what I read on the Internet and saw in Orlando, so if you have any resource to share to this purpose, your help will be appreciated.
What struck me is that with a relatively small investment (say USD100,000) you can buy a decent place to rent for USD800/month, which are serious money here in Argentina. Whereas in Argentina to have that kind of monthly return, you'd need to buy a USD200,000 home.

I have a condo in Miami and I can tell you that you can't depend on it for an income. The owner pays the association fees and after paying those, condo insurance and taxes there's very little left over. Plus, you can't increase the rent very much like you can in BsAs. Think of it as a long term investment in the hope that it's value will increase and you'll make a profit when you sell it.

Will CEDIN's be back in Force???? :D With Moreno back at the Helm ?? All the above MAY change :eek: Fasten your seat belts.

http://www.infobae.com/2014/10/05/1599387-banqueros-escuchan-tambores-guerra-la-city

To justify his worst fears He added: "I ​​was told that the replacement for Jorge Capitanich as chief of staff will be Guillermo Moreno."

0010813768.jpg

I ditto Niaruccias comments. But I also realized renting out my house gave me an "income" that looked far more impressive then my retirement benefits--even if after expenses it's giving me nearly nothing. I have a major text deduction, can upgrade the apartment and recieve a tax break, deduct repairs, cost of insurance, etc. but most importantly it shows me having an income of more than social security. Which is helpful with credit issues or if you need a loan. Something I hadn't thought about until I went back to the U.S. and found out my house there needed thousands of dollars of work!
I've always believed having your money invested in something you can live in, is at least, well, er, PRACTICAL!

@richOne! I hope I'm just waking up and your posting is the remnant of a bad dream.....but it doesn't say he's coming back for sure?
Well if he did it might be the final straw and set us all to the streets with our Moreno cards in hand!

@richOne! I hope I'm just waking up and your posting is the remnant of a bad dream.....but it doesn't say he's coming back for sure?
Well if he did it might be the final straw and set us all to the streets with our Moreno cards in hand!
unfortunately, he is coming back, not sure if that is permanent or not.

Serafina: if you buy as an investment, be prepared to pay high taxes in the US is neither one of you is a citizen or perm resident. also, as opposed to here all repairs, expenses, taxes are on you - except for utilities -. We bought a dirt cheap property when the US market collapsed and have it managed by a company. It makes a small monthly profit, nothing out of this world, just a few 100s. Then again with tht money we could not even afford a parking spot here. And my MIL lives 5 mins away.

Serafina: if you buy as an investment, be prepared to pay high taxes in the US is neither one of you is a citizen or perm resident. also, as opposed to here all repairs, expenses, taxes are on you - except for utilities -. We bought a dirt cheap property when the US market collapsed and have it managed by a company. It makes a small monthly profit, nothing out of this world, just a few 100s. Then again with tht money we could not even afford a parking spot here. And my MIL lives 5 mins away.

What do you mean "as opposed to here"? We pay ABL and shared expenses, plus a few small ordinary repairs (pipe leak), wastes and utilities.
As I am a freelancer, I just need something that keeps some money coming in in case I can't work (pregnancy, sickness, travels).

Out of curiosity, how much does it cost to hire a property management company?

In Argentina the tenant the expenses, but in the US the owner of the property pays them. Let's say you own a condo in the US and you rent it out for $1,500 US/month. You might pay a few hundred dollars in property insurance, a few hundred in income taxes, and possibly property taxes as well depending on the laws of that particular state, plus a management fee ($150/month), plus the association fees (expenses) which could run from $350 to $800/ month depending on the amenities in the building such as a gym and/or swimming pool. So by the time you finish paying all those fees you might net $300 or $400/month.

What do you mean "as opposed to here"? We pay ABL and shared expenses, plus a few small ordinary repairs (pipe leak), wastes and utilities.
As I am a freelancer, I just need something that keeps some money coming in in case I can't work (pregnancy, sickness, travels).

Out of curiosity, how much does it cost to hire a property management company?
I have a friend who just purchased 2 houses in the Tampa area. Two bed two bath , both in good shape with no work needed. He is getting $950.00 per month each in rent. The neighborhoods are moderate working class and well kept, with pride of ownership evident.
There are still deals out there.

I have a friend who just purchased 2 houses in the Tampa area. Two bed two bath , both in good shape with no work needed. He is getting $950.00 per month each in rent. The neighborhoods are moderate working class and well kept, with pride of ownership evident.
There are still deals out there.

How much did he pay for them? What's the net/gross ratio between annual renting income and the purchase price (< or > to 7/8%?). Will RE estate prices go up in the next decades? (anyway, I don't intend to buy a house in Tampa. But I'm about to buy a small piece of land now that I've spent in antiques)

Back