Received Us Dollars Via Ria In Buenos Aires

People probably walk in there every day and exchange dollars for pesos, so they probably didn't have to do any conversions, They only had to have enough dollars on hand to pay out someone that had a hunch that it could be done and did the footwork to make it happen, like myself. A week before I did the transaction, I went there and asked if I could receive US dollars using Ria and they said yes.

https://translate.go...318&prev=search

8/11/16

New Exchange regulations; Banks and Financial Institutions can buy and sell US$ dollars with limits and require no ID documentation for cash purchases?. So there is no record?

Finance Minister and Finance, Alfonso Prat-Gay, announced yesterday the following points that will impact today in the routine of consumers and savers.

1- can freely buy dollars at any exchange agency, bank or other entity.

2- Those who buy dollars with pesos in cash, and not through the banking home page or the window of the bank where they have their deposits, have a surcharge of 5 percent.

3. The limit for purchases is US $ 2 million for individuals. There will be no limit for businesses.

4- There will be a single price for the dollar. Dollar tourist and Credit Card dollar will disappear.

5- Tourism package costs in dollars will be converted to pesos at the days exchange of the Central Bank . Payments of Tourism Packages bought in Cuotas, will be converted at the days exchange rate.

Rich One,

Thank you for all your informative posts + taking over from Michelle and Esteban and keeping the coffee community together.

http://www.thebubble.com/government-expects-us-dollar-to-be-worth-18-pesos-in-2017/

Wanted to update you that I have now successfully received US Dollars in Buenos Aires using Ria Money Transfer. The fee is very reasonable, USD 10 for a $3000 transfer by linking it to a US bank account. There are a few tricks to know though:

1) The transfer cannot be made from a computer in Argentina, even when hiding your ISP address. I tried and got my account disabled. I asked a relative in the USA to create my account and do the transfers.

2) The recipient must be an Argentine citizen or have a DNI. Just a foreign passport will not work.

3) It takes 4-5 days to be ready for pickup. I have used their local affiliate Argenper, which has locations around the city. Their main location is in Once. To receive USD you must call a day before so that they have them on hand. I now call the main office the day before and ask them to send it to the Belgrano location as it is closer to my home than Once. Go right when they open or you will wait 1+ hour for the money.

milanesas: A question,please.
When you say that you asked "a relative in the USA to create my account and do the transfers" ,you mean from their own account,correct? I suppose, then,I would just first need to transfer USD from my US account to theirs and then they transfer down to me.
May I PM you on this if need be?
I'm getting tired of making a yearly trip to NYC to bring USD into Argentina to later deposit into my dollar account here.I'd like to try Ria out.

The account was created in my name with my US bank account used. I just couldn't create the account or can't execute a money transfer myself since I am in Argentina, and the website won't work if you don't have a US ISP number. So each time I need money I ask the relative to go to the Ria website and transfer me the amount I want. No problem if the name of the sender and receiver are the same.

Back